“Lovely staff, great location, good price”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel
Ranked #166 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely staff, great location, good price”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was in London for a short trip and stayed here. I like Premier Inn they are a great chain. Great value for money and great business rooms. This hotel has the added advantage of fabulous views. I stayed on the ninth floor and London at night was awesome. A special word about all the stay I came across they were excellent. Other hotels take note this is how it is done.

Room Tip: Go high. I was on the ninth floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank SeanIrish22
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the view from your room.

Premier Inn London City Old Street.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Warm, clean, comfortable, great staff, great food, highly recommended. Great value for accomadation so close to the center of London..Close to the tube station and with a relialble and efficient bus service

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 691londonvisit

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read that your enjoyed your stay with us, and found it convenient for your needs.

Verwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Chose this hotel because it was a) close to my son's university and b) near to the tube stations. There's no parking, but we parked at The Barbican and it was a 10-15 walk to the hotel. The hotel staff are very welcoming and we chose to check-in online and the self-serve check-in when we arrived was very easy. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and feel very safe and secure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank K8ty45

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found it conveinent for your needs.

Premier Inn London City Old Street
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

From the helpful and warm welcome from staff, on going service, clean and well appointed bedrooms, excellent quality and value breakfast, this is a hotel we would definitely visit again when in the area or consider Premier Inns for future hotel stays.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vouch2u

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. Your comments will be passed to our team, I am sure they will be happy to have helped.

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as it was good value and walking distance to where I was attending a course.
I stayed 5 nights. Room quiet - other than the fireworks to celebrate Chinese New Year!
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Nice restaurant. Seems to be very new and very well cleaned.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pauline T

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us during your five days in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights while he had to go into his London office for a few days during our vacation so this was paid for and chosen by his company. So we normally would not have stayed in this area (usually choose a more boutique/expensive hotel in Notting Hill) but our stay was surprisingly very good and one of the better hotel/Inn experiences we've had in London! For one, the staff is really nice and will do whatever they can in their power to accommodate you. They gave us extra towels, brought up and ironing board, let me me stay in the room about 15 mins past when we were supposed to check out and stored our luggage for the good portion of a day without a fee. We didn't feel nickle and dimed like we have when we've stayed at 4 or 5 star hotels.
Our room was clean and comfortable and larger than most rooms are in London with plenty of room for our bags and counter space for toiletries. Shower was hot and water pressure was good (another thing that usually stinks in hotels). Toiletries were just a pump in the shower with combo shampoo/conditioner/bodywash but who cares? I always bring my own anyway!
I also liked that the halls were quiet and there was little to no noise outside our room, even when housekeeping was coming around which was nice and allowed late slumbers.
The only negative would be that the bed was quite firm, I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable because some people like it like this (including myself) but my boyfriend likes a softer bed and he didn't sleep very well.
All in all we had a nice stay and no complaints really but probably would not stay here again due to the area which is kind of boring and not alot of nice restaurants to go to at night. Tube station is just around the corner though!

Room Tip: They are doing some construction behind the building so make sure you don't get a room that face...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CCurtis2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised with your first stay with Premier Inn.

Your comments regarding our staff, service, room size and showers were greatly appreciated, as it always helpful to hear how we measure up to our competitors.

In regards to our beds, and in the event that you choose to stay with us in the future, If your partner feels the bed is too hard for him, we are more than happy to provide an extra duvet to add a little extra softness. As well as this you will always have the reassurance of our 'Good Night Guarantee' which is Premier Inn no quibble money back guarantee if your unhappy with your stay.

I hope that you would reconsider staying with Premier Inn again, and although you were not too fond of our old street location, Premier Inn has over 600 hotels in various locations around the UK.

Manchester
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. As premier inns go it's fairly standard. Rooms are clean and maintained. Never going to be the Ritz but you know what your going to get.

I would be against staying here again.

As with all budget hotels the walls are fairly thin so if you get someone noisy next door your in trouble but thankfully I didn't.

Restaurant was decent with some fairly good food and good offers.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank liamnuttall
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased that we delivered what you expected. But disappointed that you would be against staying here again. As you know we are a budget hotel. However we strive to deliver clean comfortable affordable rooms by people who care. If we do not deliver our promise of a great night sleep guaranteed then we offer you your money back.

I hope that this may sway your decision to stay with us in the future

Premier Inn London City Old Street