“friendly staff”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel
Ranked #174 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 March 2014

stayed here before and what I experience is that all staff are consistently friendly, nice breakfast in the morning with a lot of choice, for a budget hotel good value for money , close to the underground,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some kind comments about our team.

I will make sure your gratitude is relayed to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here for a 2 night stay. The room was what you expect of a Premier Inn, clean, comfortable and functional.

My only two gripes are:

I called to ask if there was an iron in the room, I was informed there was. When I arrived there was not and I had to request one.

Secondly on day two I asked reception to book me a taxi. The taxi was a private hire. It only took me on a two minute journey but charged me £10. A rip off. My advice would be to hail a black cab outside.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank couchguru

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion that must have happened in regards to iron usage. We do not supply irons directly in every room, however they can be requested and a member of the team will deliver one to your room. I am sorry that on this occasion the wrong details were provided.

Secondly please accept my apologies on behalf of the taxi company we use, quotes can be requested in advance/ at the time of booking in order to eliminate any discrepancies with money. The hotel staff are more than happy to log complaints with the taxi company if necessary.

I hope that these issues will not deter you from staying with Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Spent a long weekend in London with my wife and granddaughter, one we got our bearings the location of this hotel wasn't to bad, the tube and bus routes are very convenient. the hotel itself was OK, our room was located on the ground floor and apart from being a bit dark, was to the usual Premier in standard, we didn't eat in so I couldn't comment on the quality of the food.

Room Tip: It's a busy main road, so ask for a room either at the side or back if you want to avoid traffic...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was really pleased to read that you found our hotel convenient for your needs. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again, and maybe take advantage of our on site restaurant, and all you can eat buffet breakfast.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

friendly staff . easy check in . small hotel and small rooms but goes well with the budget . they have a bar inside which is really lively . choose this hotel if your coming for a small stay in london and plan 2 travel everyday .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Premier Inn London City Old Street for your recent trip to London.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our many Premier Inn hotels.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

A bit late review as we stayed here back in march, easy to get to from the tube , clean as all premier hotels we've stayed in round the country, great breakfast , stayed here as we went to see
Manchester city win the capital one cup.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review ( better late than never :-) )

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your customer loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our many Premier Inn hotels.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was my second time staying at a Premier Inn. The first was not such a great one in Luton, so I was apprehensive about this one. The minute I got there I noticed it was next to a huge construction site where student residences are being built. I asked for a room not facing the street, elevator or any other noise source, so it was a bit of a challenge to accommodate me. In any case, they're just laying the foundation in the huge open pit, so there's not much noise. I got a room on the 11th floor facing the student residences, and the noise from City Road was tolerable. Plus I wear wax earplugs, so could barely hear anything, and I'm a sensitive sleeper. This location even has a restaurant/bar, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I even recommended this hotel to a friend, and she liked it but found the lack of fridge and safety deposit box to be drawbacks. I really could have used a fridge, but I'm not sure that will deter me from staying at a Premier Inn again. I'm thinking about staying at the one in Angel next time, closer to my friends in London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Dep G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Premier Inn London City Old Street.

I was pleased that you had a comfortable stay despite being a light sleeper. It was great to read such positive comments about our team members.

Premier Inn Angel is a slightly newer hotel than Old Street, and im sure their team will be just as welcoming if you decide to stay there in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when checking into this hotel. Our expectations weren’t high as we needed a reasonably priced hotel to stay in but we were really pleased by the overall experience. Beds were comfortable and there was a varied breakfast menu.
Yes it’s not the Ritz but if you’re looking for a reasonably priced hotel in London then I would suggest giving this hotel go.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lorraine M

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised with our hotel.

I hope that you will choose to stay with Premier Inn in the future.