“Quiet haven in busy London”

Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel
Ranked #188 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Found this Premier in to be as clean and quiet as I had hoped. Staff were very friendly booking in was efficient and they booked a taxi for me on my last day and followed up when it was late.
It was the breakfast that lowers my score, as a light eater I have always chosen the continental breakfast, full cooked does not appeal so finding that Premier Inns have ceased this option was a real disappointment as only the higher priced full buffet is now available. I ended up walking to a nearby cafe for breakfast which was not my preference. Thinking again about choosing Premier Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I was please to read that you found our hotel to be clean and quiet.

Please accept my apologies for the breakfast, I do understand your disappointment but unfortunately Premier Inn took the decision to stop the continental breakfast.

I hope that this will not deter you from staying wit us in the future.

Premier Inn London City Old Street

Write a ReviewReviews (2,792)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for just one night when in London for a conference. Great location with Old Street Underground just a few minutes walk and a feeling of safety for single females when going back to the hotel late evening. Welcomed to hotel immediately stepped foot inside main entrance and very pleasant staff both on front desk and in restaurant for breakfast. Room on 11th floor was incredibly quiet - all night long - not at all what I expected of a central city hotel. Very comfortable room with options for pillows and tea/coffee facilities. Breakfast by good value for £9.75 and good choice of fruit, cereals, hot buffet and a great Costa coffee machine. Overall an excellent stay and a hotel to recommend when looking for a city centre location.

Room Tip: Opt for a room on a high floor

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Premier Inn London City Old street.

I was pleased to read that you had a peaceful stay with us, and enjoyed our all you can eat Premier Breakfast.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I travel to London monthly for work and after shopping about a bit, I've concluded that the Premier Inn on Old Street - at which I've now stayed at a dozen time - offers comfortable accommodation, excellent service and extremely good value for money.

If you've stayed in a Premier Inn elsewhere you won't be surprised at the look and feel of the hotel or its rooms. But what they lack in individuality they make up for in cleanliness, amenity and comfort.

The staff on reception and in the restaurant are, especially for London, welcoming and helpful. Although by no means guaranteed, they consistently let me check in early after my long haul flights to London, despite the fact that the standard check in time isn't until 2pm, for whIch I am eternally grateful.

The hotel breakfast, for just shy of £10 can't be faulted. It offers an extensive range of high quality cooked and cold breakfast foods in a clean and attractive restaurant setting. My only suggestion would be that they ditch playing breakfast radio over the speaker system, which spoils what would otherwise be a quiet, pleasant start to the day.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on high floors offer views, but a room on a lower floor allows you to ditch the li...
1  Thank cupofjoeonthego

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some great feedback.

I was pleased to read that you consistently enjoy your visits to our hotel.

Like you said although not guaranteed we will always try and check people in as early as possible especially if they have had a long journey.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Writing this a bit belatedly as I clean forgot.

Nothing really you can add about Brand Premier Inn, does everything and more in my opinion. This is the third time I've stayed here while in London and unless something better comes along I won't be changing.

Location is great, it's classed as'The City' but it's close to King Cross which is ideal for us. Plenty of bars, eating places near by in Angel and you can walk to Brick Lane for a curry.

The hotel has always been clean, with a decent bar and the breakfast should you choose is the classic English fry up or continental if that flicks your switch.

All in all a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheGeordieNomad
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
Better late than never! :-)

I was pleased to read that you have consistently been happy with the standard of our hotel and service.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've stayed in many overpriced hotels in London. This was my first time visiting a Premier Inn and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in a good location. The air conditioned room (£81/night) on the 12th floor was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful.

We needed to move room due to an air conditioning problem and the receptionist came to our room with a key and personally checked the room we moved to was ok (it was four doors away)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your first stay with Premier Inn.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Myself and a friend were visiting London to see Phantom of the Opera. We paid £59 for a double room for one night and considering it's location and facilities, I thought this was great value for money.
Room was clean and comfortable as you would expect from a Premier Inn. Breakfast was decent yet a little on the expensive side but I did pay at the last minute rather than pre-book.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read you found it value for money, and hope that you will take advantage of more online Premier Saver rates in the future.

Our All you can eat buffet breakfast is £9.75, the price is the same if you book in advance or on the day.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The proximity to the London underground "Old Street" great. The rooms were clean. The internet is not free. However the code was the same for everyone. The view was into the windows of the building next door but we did not stay here for the view.

Room Tip: Plenty of construction in the area. This is not a problem if you are up and out of your room early...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DetailMom

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

Unfortunately we currently only offer 30 mins free wifi every 24hrs and the cost is £3.00 for a full 24hrs. Premier Inn is always seeking new ways to improve its service for guest. WIFI is something we will take into consideration for further improvement.