“Great hotel for the price”

Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel
Ranked #164 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for the price”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have just been to London for a friend's wedding and chose to stay at here as it was considerably cheaper than other hotels in the area including other premier inns. We were extremely happy with the hotel. The service was very good. We were able to check in early which was much appreciated as we needed to get changed for the wedding. We don't normally eat at hotel restaurants as we like to explore but as we were pushed for time we ate here and the food was very nice and again the service in the bar and restaurant was extremely friendly. The rooms were spotless and very nice. The bed was comfortable and the a/c was working well so we were not too hot. The hotel is in a good location and is only a few minutes walk from old street tube station.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I was happy to read that we were able to accomodate you with an early check in. We always try to check people in as early as possible, provided we have rooms available.

I will ensure you comments are passed to the team.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Premier Inn London City Old Street.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend and our friends as we went to wireless festival in Finsbury park. The hotel is in a great location & is right by the station.
It's surrounded by bars/restaurants which is great.

The staff in the hotel were very friendly and we had lunch in the hotel which was £30 in total. It was expensive but it's London so I didn't expect much different.

It's £9.75 for breakfast buffet, we didn't get this as they only served until 11am (which is usually fine but as we had a late night, we didn't get up in time!)

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I hope that you enjoyed the wireless festival.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 6 July 2014

very correct and well located hotel. use it for a trip to London and I was surprised the quality price of the hotel room a triple well the extra bed was not a bed of those that are folded and stop to be quiet good breakfast for two adults one child free goes wrong and not knowing that these price in london hotel the situation very well ae minutes from the metro and bus at the door generally very good to visit London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
PiOldstreet, Reception Team Member at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Premier Inn, Old Street which is situated just minutes away from Old Street Station and bus stops. Our full English breakfast allows 1 adult to take with them 2 children under the age of 16 years of age to eat for free and I am glad, you found this very pleasant.

I hope you consider us again the next time you are down in London and look forward to seeing you.

Shafiqur Rahman
Reception Team Member
Angus
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Standard Premier Inn but great value for London. Only 5 minutes walk from Old Street on the Northern Line. Hotel quiet. Rooms very clean. Would recommend. Quick check in. Seems to be slightly cheaper than other Premier Inns but doesn't seem to be any reason for this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Premier Inn London City Old Street and for taking the time to leave us a review.

I was pleased that you found your stay with us value for money.

We hope to welcome you back to out hotel in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After not being to stay in the previous hotel (they were booked) I was staying in London on business about a week and a half ago I was able to get a room 3 nights at the Premier. These 3 days were personal solo days. Figured I would spend a few days in London while I was there. Very glad I was able to stay. I have never stayed at a Premier hotel before but I read the reviews and they were quite good as well as highly being recommended. Here is what I liked about it.

I liked the fact that I could pre-check in and literally when I arrived I showed them my ID/passport and that was it. I got my key and I was off to go! No paperwork!
I liked that there was a restaurant in there so if needed I could go for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
I liked that there was an option for 30 minutes of free wi-fi pay a small amount pounds for 24 hours use.
I liked that it was close to the Old Street Tube!
The bathroom is pretty big and the tub is quite huge. Just needed to be a bit taller to get into the tub so for all you short/petite people be careful stepping in!
I liked that there is a no noise policy at night. I can appreciate a hotel being concerned about night time hours and being observant of one another. I really like that.
The staff was also quite nice and the bed was super comfy. I got a good nights sleep. At night before I call it a day I like to look at the news/television and they had alot more TV stations also.

I would also highly recommend anyone to stay here for the level of service and the accomodations you receive. I was solo and it was a very very safe area.

I hope I have another visit in the near future to this hotel!
I am glad I now have sure thing in this area where I know I would be comfortable in every sense of the word !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
PiOldstreet, Reception Team Member at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your precious time to write a review about Premier Inn, Old Street on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to see that you had a quick and easy check in with very little hassle.

Our restaurant and bar is open to all for delicious meals cooked by our friendly and experienced chefs as well as snacks and bars. This saves you time and trouble from having to go out and look for something to eat in the streets of London. Premier Inn, Old Street, provides all guests with 30 minutes free wifi access with an option to buy more.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our Premier Inn hotel and we all look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Shafiqur Rahman
Reception Team Member
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I frequently have to be in London for business or training and if I am based near the city this is the only place I will stay.
To be fair with Premier Inn you know what you are getting and a clean basic room is all that I need, however with Premier Inn Old Street it just feels like a cut above. There is no such thing as a cheap room in central London so even Premier Inn's are in the hundred or more pound a night bracket. However here you are on the doorstep of trendy Shoreditch which is packed with great eateries and bars and a few minutes walk from the City. Old Street tube on Northern line is a two minute walk away.

The hotel is spotlessly clean throughout and front of house is the best I have ever experienced. There is always cover at the desk and a friendly smile each time I walk in to check in. The Thyme restaurant in house has never once let me down and in fact is a fabulously chilled out experience. Attentive and friendly staff accompany food that always tastes as though it has been freshly prepared and is piping hot on arrival. A nice selection of background music and some very pleasant ambient lighting finish the experience with some large windows that allow you to watch Londoners going about their business outside.

I have always had good rooms on the upper floors and have never had any noise issues, in fact 3 nights here last summer during the heatwave were probably the best night sleep I had during the whole of that spell of weather.

I doubt there is better value for money round here and I most certainly can't say enough good things about the place. Pity I had to submit such a poor review for the Kensington Olympia hotel because I just can't believe the difference between the two.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and well insulated against noise