“French Cake Class” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bake with Maria
Ranked #15 of 145 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Baking Lab is a baking school in London offering students a wide variety of bread, cake and pastry classes. We run classes in the evenings and on weekends too.
“French Cake Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

A birthday gift from my husband. What a fabulous day! The chef who taught was patient, highly knowledgeable and made the class fun. Came home with gorgous Frasier, almond cakes and flourless chocolate cake. All of which were devoured fairly quickly. Venue was great, easy parking. Everyone working in the kitchen was brilliant and so helpful. Nothing to be nervous about. And the lunch which was made for us was perfect!!!

Visited June 2014

Horncastle, United Kingdom
“Ahh bread...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Attended 3 courses so far on bread making (Italian, artisan and French) with baking with Maria and as a keen amateur bread maker I was very pleased with the whole experience. Everyone was helpful, giving tips and tricks for variations on the recipes we were making.. Emmanuel and Maria know their business, baking was a lot simpler than I initially feared. I look forward to making these for my family.. And I have to thank Benny for the best potato salad I ever tasted!! :) The baking lab was easy to access, on weekends there is plenty of parking.. Overall, the atmosphere was very pleasant and I look forward to attending again..

Visited June 2014
Stroud, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A lovely birthday present”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I met my daughter here for a birthday treat (mine!) on Saturday. We had a very enjoyable day making croissants, pain au raisin and pain chocolate, with demonstrations showing how we could use the ingredients to make other Danish pastries. Maria had great energies and her enthusiasm was infectious. We took away two boxes crammed full of our goodies - great timing - we had friends staying overnight, so breakfast this morning was sorted! And complimented!!

Thanks to Maria for creating an informative but relaxing environment and her team for doing our washing up and providing a very wonderful lunch. Yummy.

On a practical note, the baking lab is easy to find thanks to the directions on the website including a photo showing the entrance.

Visited May 2014
“A lovely day baking with Maria!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I attended a French bread baking class on Sunday and had a great time. We had learnt a lot of great recipes and tips and I will definitely be baking the fougass again!

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An enjoyable Sunday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I attended a French Patisserie class last week. It was very well organised and the teacher, Marianne, was excellent. I have already tried making the fruit flans and the financiers at home and I am pleased to say they were a great success. I shall definitely go for another baking class in the future.

Visited April 2014