“Absolutely delightful luxury in East London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cable Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cable Street Inn
Ranked #9 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Yorkshire
“Absolutely delightful luxury in East London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed for an overnight trip to London to attend the Queens Garden Tea party. It was a Royal event and staying in this delightful little B&B just added to the whole trip. The outside wasn't too impressive, but boy does this place have character and charm. From the moment you step into the front door, the character of the place is magnificent. We stayed on the top floor room, so we had a wonderful large spacious room with en suite (including a roll top bath and twin sinks) and access to the roof terrace (which is fantastic.)

There is a park down below that is closed on an evening so avoids any late night noise. The room felt like luxury along with the trip we were on. We chose because of the high ranking on trip advisor, the price was an added bonus!! We have certainly paid more for much much less.

The hosts were very very pleasant and nothing was too much trouble to help make our stay as pleasant as possible. The room was immaculate, a mix of traditional furniture and new finishing touches. The bed was very comfortable and being an insomniac I was amazed to have slept so well in it. The breakfast was plentiful and very tasty.

Having being to the Queens Garden party this quaint little B&B felt like I was still in the lap of luxury. The thoughtfulness of the guests comfort always seemed to be priority. An absolute delight that I do not hesitate to recommend to others. Its hard to find such a gem, but this is certainly one!

Thank you for a wonderful stay, and we will be back again some day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at the Cable Street last year and loved it. I'm returning to London for the same conference this year and booked the Inn well in advance (months in advance). When my assistant called to confirm my room, less than one week away from travel, she discovered my room was cancelled. I don't know how the inn keepers could do this and consider themselves ethical.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Smackerly
Julian809, Owner at Cable Street Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and wished to return. However, we are very surprised and disappointed by your review as it presents a misleading account of the situation.
You did reserve a room months in advance and we informed you that we would be happy to hold the room for 10 days. After this time you were not able to confirm so we suggested you book the room and pay the deposit because if you needed to cancel our generous policy allows you to receive a full refund providing you inform us just 7 days prior to your check-in date. However, you did not want to do this and despite repeated emails from us requesting confirmation you were unable or unwilling to do so. We acknowledge that we should have contacted you again before we finally cancelled your reservation but you failed to contact us to confirm and in the end only provided 4 days notice before your scheduled arrival date.
St Andrews, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hugely enjoyable 3 night stay at Cable Street Inn. Echo sentiments of others who appreciated the tasteful décor, comfort, history and style of the accommodation and the engaging, friendly and helpful Julian and staff. Pleasantly surprised by how green and quiet the immediate area is, backing onto a small park with foxes and peregrines. Convenient for Central London, Brick Lane, and Whitechapel Art Gallery. Wilton's Music Hall and bar just down the road is worth a visit. Cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Had an excellent stay at Cable St Inn. Julian was very welcoming and it was a pleasure to stay in his amazing property.

Breakfast was plentiful - lots to choose from. The rooms was impeccably clean and luxuriously furnished. A really great find. And excellent value for money. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pavia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

You will enjoy the comfort of this lovely B&B together with the kindness of one of the nicest B&B owner my husband and I ever met. Our room was really cozy and clean, and for breakfast we could have whatever we wanted, choosing among tea, coffee, milk, yoghurt, cereals, fruits, bread, jams and pastries. Since I am a coeliac, the owner also had gluten-free bread and cereals for me. We will definitely book here the next time we will visit London!

Roberta and Simone from Italy

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We spent 1 night at the Cable Street Inn - wish it could've been longer the place is absolutely great. We had a very warm welcome from Julian who showed us to our lovely room. It was very comfortable and the bathroom was excellent with a roll top bath and walk in shower and lovely views too. We were also right next to the lovely roof top terrace which was ideal for some fresh air in the morning.

We wanted to go out for a few drinks so Julian recommended Wilton's Music Hall which was a 10-15 stroll away, it was also lovely.

We had a really lovely evening and the Inn also has a comfortable sitting/breakfast room which was very homely and relaxed and had everything we needed for a light breakfast. We then went for a walk and learned more about the Cable Street mural which is right next to the B&B
The Inn is only a short walk from Shadwell station and our return journey to Kings Cross took less than 30 mins

We cant wait to visit the Cable Street Inn again it was a little haven in the East End of London. Very quirky, but also comfortable and extremely good for the money in comparison to other places I'd looked at.

Room Tip: Room 3 is great with a roll-top bath too
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

After reading what others have said, I really don’t feel I can add anymore to the already superfluous comments from those that have stayed at this amazing B&B, it is exactly that, a truly great find. I say that because I did quite a bit of research looking for a B&B that had that ‘something different’ about it, and what Julian has done to this place is stunning.

I did find other ‘boutique style’ B&B’s in other places around London but something about this place caught my eye, and I’m truly glad it did. I wanted a special place to stay for my partners 40th for a weekend in London, and the comments as described by others is exactly that, and true also of Julian being a perfect host.

Our bedroom, the superking, super comfy bed, the décor, the great bathroom and huge bath (easily big enough for two to soak up the days strenuous walking!!), the dining room, all excellent.

So I won’t add anymore to any of those comments but perhaps say a little more about its location and easy access to London as a whole. Turn right out of Cable Inn and just a few minutes’ walk to Shadwell station and the DLR and one stop to either Bank or Tower Gateway and access to the whole London underground, couldn’t be easier. Or, if you prefer to walk, turn left out of Cable Inn and 15mins walk you are at the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, St. Katherine’s Dock area. Don’t forget to take the south bank walk from Tower Bridge, taking in the Shard, Tate Modern and up to the London eye, with plenty of great bars and eating places along the way. I’m booking up for my birthday with some friends to stay in June, I can’t wait!

I can’t recommend the place highly enough!

Room Tip: Not sure if the following constitute as tips really (and it really is a small thing), but it would b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple