“Terrible food”

Ranked #17,261 of 22,822 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
“Terrible food”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We ordered from Paya for the first time yesterday - food was the worst Chinese I have ever eaten - Smoked crispy chicken appetiser was nothing more than greasy batter, BBQ ribs (dry) were tastless, egg fried rice was bland and wet, Singapore noodles were a disaster - asked for vegetarian and there was bits of meat in it and absolutely swimming in oil -disgusting. We threw nearly £30 of food in the bin ...and made toasted sandwiches instead.

• Visited February 2014

“chinese takeaway”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Prompt delivery, but the food was terrible! the food was incredibly bland. Some of it was quite horrible.

• Visited January 2014
London
“food hit and miss”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I find here the food can sometimes be great and sometimes awful...

simple things are average at best but some common dishes are done poorly also e.g. chicken balls in batter, was disgusting

but crispy chicken was done well

i feel its too much luck of the draw

Visited October 2013
UK
“Terrible attempt to make Thai food”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I actually came to look on tripadvisor to see if my experience was a one off or the norm but its seems more the norm.
Firstly, a restaurant that serves Chinese, Thai AND Italian is a clear 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. My mistake for not clocking this before I went in.
The waiter was beyond useless - before ordering we enquired about the ethnicity of the chef to get a steer on what might be the best cuisine to go for...the waiter answered 'both' (?!) I did repeat the question a few times and was met with the same answer so just tried my luck with the Thai. After selecting a few Thai dishes I asked the waiter for recommendations - he pointed to various Chinese dishes, but I wanted Thai, to which he shrugged.
Big mistake ordering the Thai, the Pad Thai taste of just vinegar and ketchup, the chicken dish was awful - the texture of the chicken made it taste old (if you know what I mean). The best bit was the fish cakes which were clearly out of a frozen packet and in to the fryer.
Food aside, the decor was nice/ interesting (?), the drinks were ok (red wine tasted a little fizzy) and there were fruit flies constantly hovering around.
Over all, I would never recommend this place or ever go near it again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank HtlP
“Super takeaway”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We have been using the West Hampstead branch as our local Chinese takeaway for the last six months now. The food has been consistently good and arrives relatively quickly. I do think the delivery charge should be waived for more expensive deliveries though.

• Visited October 2013