“Tried to charge us with an extra tip, then got angry.”
Review of The Other Side - CLOSED

The Other Side
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating
Matera, Italy
“Tried to charge us with an extra tip, then got angry.”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

They pass the restaurant as "Italian". Nothing Italian there.
I ordered two English breakfasts, and when I had to pay the cashier set the card swiper up, clicked on some things and let me alone with the device, which said: "Insert tip amount". What tip? I tried to go back and change the setting, but all I could do was delete the transaction. I called the cashier who said (in an angry tone) that the device didn't ask for any tip and that I was wrong. He set the thing up again and then I could see that, when the device asked for a tip, he pressed "No". A very bad behavior, if I'll ever be in King's Cross area again, I'll never go back there.
Breakfast was okay, though.

• Visited October 2012

• Polish first
sheffield
“Mouldy bread!!!! (Enough said!!)”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We ordered 4 big breakfasts on our way to kings cross station and nearly at the end of our breakfasts we found mould on the toast we were served with!

Needless to say we didn't eat anything else off our plates and asked for the bill after the waiter didn't even apologise and had the check to shake his head at us when we asked him to give us money off for the wasted food!

As we English do not like to complain he knocked us £1 off our bill so we paid up and left!

Visited October 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Yummy and great value.”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We had 3 pasta dishes 1 pizza and 2 jumbo burger meals with drinks all round for £54. The pastas were amazing a light garlic dressing to them. My daughter practically ate an adults portion as it was so irresistible. My burger meal was huge and very tasty. The only down side was I dont think they were too impressed about children so we were put to the back of the restaurant around a corner and there was no interaction with the waiter for banter not for the want of trying . Very good food though so that outweighs service

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Wendy E
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Good food, but let down by service.”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We were traveling home from London, leaving St. Pancras at 10pm. We didn't want to go to McDoanld's or KFC, seemingly the only available food outlets. After questing about, we found 'The Other Side', which for London seemed reasonably priced. It was quiet for a Friday night, mostly travelers like ourselves. We were seated and attended to quickly, we ordered and the food came quickly. Strangely, our coke and lemonades has a strange taste to them, almost like garlic chicken. There was more than one of us who noticed, so it's wasn't my tastebuds. The food itself was lovely, with generous sizes, very good value for money. Sadly, the service went downhill after that, which there really was no excuse for as there were only a couple of other tables to serve. So much so, I had to ask for the dessert menu 20 minutes after our plates from the main were cleared, only to find the server eating his own tea behind the bar. Dessert and coffee however were delightful. The restaurant was clean and the toilets were acceptable. It did get very smokey at one point, which I'm assuming was the pizza oven, but that's only a guess?! It soon cleared.
If you're looking for a decent meal for a good price, do go here instead of the normal sub standard fast food joints. Owners, please make sure your staff have service with a smile, it makes a BIG difference!

• Visited August 2012