“not bad, a bit cold, close to central london”

Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith
Ranked #229 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Israel
“not bad, a bit cold, close to central london”
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

it"s hard to get a good price in this hotel. because this month many hotels offer the second night for free, i finally managed to get a good deal. the underground is very close and takes you to central london in no time. breakfast is very good - all kinds of yoghurts, cereals, fruits, and even hot chocolate. rooms are very cold, even after turning the heat on, which is basically a radiator below the window.
king street is not bad and offers shopping, food and poundland :)

• Stayed December 2012
Ahmed_Khwaja, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Express London Hammersmith.

I am pleased to hear that you found a good deal meeting to your expectation. I am glad that our location was convenient to you during your stay and were satisfied with our complimentary Express Start Breakfast.

I am sorry to hear that you had a cold room to stay, the radiator's provided in the bedrooms are normally more than adequate to ensure that the room is heated to an appropriate temperature, although, had you brought this to our attention, we could have provided you with an additional fan heater to provide more heat and circulate the air in the room.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for your review about our hotel. I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Ahmed Khwaja
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
alternate41
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I last stayed here a few years ago and things have improved significantly since then. Friendly staff, excellent breakfast, spotlessly clean room. I used the free wifi in the bar area, which was fine. I did not have a car and. Hammersmith tube station is a short walk away.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Bristol
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed for one night to visit an exhibition at Earls Court. I've used this hotel before because it is very convenient to get to from the M4 (travelling from Bristol) and then very easy to access central London by tube from the hotel. I like the surrounding area and although not posh it has good amenities (restaurants, bars, shops etc) and I always feel safe. It is literally only 5 mins to the tube station. The room was good although a little cool for my liking, the heater didn't really do much. I was greated very warmly at check-in and check-out was very quick. Breakfast is not fancy but it is plentiful and varied. They offer scrambled egg, sausage, pastries, fruit, cereal, yogurt, bread/toast, jam etc. All unlimited. No bacon. Breakfast is 'free' (included in the room price) so I have no idea why some choose to moan about it. The hotel isn't expensive in London terms and if you don't want the breakfast you can always go out to eat. I've always enjoyed it. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in London :-)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheffield
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed here with my husband and daughter (14 year old) and picked the hotel because of the location. It is ideal for the Hammersmith or Ravenscroft tube stations and only a short walk from either one. Located just off the main road which is a jewel in the crown as far as some London suburbs go. Plentry of restaurants (Japanese, Thai, Indian, Vegetarian), fast food places, corner shops and even a cinema. Hotel was your average Holiday Inn Express. Spacious room with complimentary tea and coffee. Choice of "hard" or "soft" pillows and extra blankets. Air conditioning/heating in the room. Nice big television. Not much hanging space for clothes but we were only there 1 night so not a real bother. But there were ample coat hangers. The evening shift of reception staff left a lot to be desired. Not very friendly and neither of them managed to crack a smile between them. Snacks and drinks in the reception were very reasonably priced. Breakfast was what you would expect: cereal, fruit, yoghurt, pastries, and toast. Sausages but no bacon!! Would use the hotel again as a fantastic location.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Ahmed_Khwaja, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and review our hotel. I am glad that our location was convenient to you and I am pleased that you were satisfied with our rooms and amenities. I am disappointed to hear that the staff did not come across friendly and I will personally address this with the team as we strive to achieve good customer service. I hope we get an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Ahmed Khwaja
Deputy General Manager
UK
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here overnight when attending Apollo. Nice clean but small twin room good quality linen. Car park excellent as we have high vehicle. Pleasant staff. Overall not expensive considering London prices.

• Stayed November 2012
Hasselt, Belgium
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The hotel itself was OK. Lobby was good, staff helpful, rooms quite big, modern and clean. Less impressed with the breakfast: quite basic and limited choice.
What I most certainly didn't like about this hotel was the location: King Street is not the most flourishing street in London and the walk to Hammersmith station is just a bit too long to my liking. Furthermore, the hotel is tucked away in a back alley. I walked back to my hotel on a cold and dark November evening - and at that moment I certainly would have appreciated a better location.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
GM-Hammersmith, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and staf helpful. I am sorry to hear that you found our breakfast offering basic and limited as well as the location of the hotel not to your liking.

We will be delighted to serve you in the future should your travels bring you back to the area and once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Yours Sincerely,
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed here just the one night. Staff were very pleasant and helpful, free newspaper on arrival and a lucky dip for rewards; I got some additional rewards points, bunt they have half price parking, etc.. Room was clean and modern, shower and bathroom clean and modern. Good sized rooms and very comfortable bed. Excellent price, would definitely stay here again. Very close to Hammersmith tube.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business