“Shame about the noise...”

Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith
Ranked #227 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Shame about the noise...”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business and is very well situated with on site parking. That said parking is limited so get there early or have a back up plan. Staff were polite, efficient and friendly and very helpful when my room key didn't work first time. The 'free' breakfast doesn't add up for me as it's included in the room cost somewhere but at a total cost of £136 for the night I'm not complaining. Rooms are fairly modern, clean and well kept. Only points which didn't go down so well where the very early morning bottle recycling truck crashing the empties out from a skip and having someone else's address on my invoice - minor points but worthy of note.

***Please indicate if this review was useful to you - thank you***

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rob B
Ahmed_Khwaja, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

I am pleased to know that you were served in an efficient manner by our staff. Our staff are well trained and willing to help our guests to make their stay a memorable one.

I am very sorry to know about the inconvenience you had with the noise and the wrong billing address on your invoice. I sincerely apologize for this, and can assure you that this is not the level of service, that we take pride in.

For future bookings, please let us know in advance, and we will be more than happy to allocate you a room on the quieter side.

I hope this will not deter you from coming back to our property.
Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Thank you and kind regards.
Guest Service Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Staffordshire
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Firstly I would like to say we stayed here this weekend as a family of 4 (2adults & 1teenager & 1 12yr) for my birthday weekend. The staff couldn't of been more pleasant & helpful. Firstly wishing me a happy birthday. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was a tiny bit small but as we only slept there, this wasn't a problem. We stayed for 2 nights.
The breakfast - wasn't a full english breakfast but we knew this before we went (do you really want a massive stodgy breakfast before you walk around London because I know i dont). The hot side was sausages(gorgeous), beans, scrambled egg & toast - for me that was enough but I did miss my mushrooms. There were warm croissants which melted when u ate them (gorgeous yet again). Cold side were muller yogurts, fruit compote(gorgeous) greek yogurt & fresh fruit. All kinds of coffees, tea & juices so if anyone can complain about the breakfast then go next door to the weatherspoons & BUY a breakfast as this is included in the price so I had no complaints.
The hotel itself - We had a couple of games of pool with the kids & a drink before we went out on the first night. (Do not go to the Villagio restaurant up the road (I will post a review sepaerately) Drinks are a little pricey but you must remember your in a hotel ( so we did pop to the wetherspoons on the Saturday when we got back) The overall loacation is fantastic, just a 5 minute walk to the tube (literally the end of the road) & 20 mins max into London centre. The hotel was so clean & always clearing plates away while having breakfast.
The beds - The main bed was soooo comfy, choice between a hard or soft pillow (nice touch). I would reccomend only children to sleep on the sofa bed as this was no way near comfy for an adult. Kids will sleep most places & they didnt complain so all was well. The 2nd day, as we had walked & walked & walked we were all shattered so an earlier night in a major comfy bed was a blessing. We had room 330, no noise at all.
Completely reccomend staying here.
Thank you holiday inn & we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel so very quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

I am extremely pleased to know that you were happy with the level of service, our staff provided to you. I am sure, you definitely enjoyed your birthday with your family while staying with us.

Our staff are trained to serve all our guests in the most professional and efficient manner. Our guests are important to us, and we want to make sure that all our guests are welcomed and treated in the best possible manner.

Your positive review about our staff and our location has boosted our confidence and we assure you that we will always deliver the best customer service, as we are always trying to improvise.

Thank you once again for the positive review.
Looking forward to welcoming you.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Why is there not an option between 'average' and 'very good'?! If there was, the Holiday Inn Express at Hammersmith would have that as my rating.

My partner and I stayed here for one night as we were seeing 'Roar with Laughter' at what used to be the Hammersmith Apollo now Eventim.

The location is perfect for the Eventim - just a 7-8 minute easy stroll. Plenty of shops and fast food places on the high street and we noticed the tube station very close by too.

There was parking in a covered car park at the hotel which was great - it cost £15 but there was enough room when we arrived (6pm on a Friday night) and we were happy to pay that rather than search nearby for a place to park or have to pay more than that at another car park.

Our room was clean and basic but had all we need for one night's stay. The included breakfast was great albeit that it was busy and they did run out of food quickly, however the staff there was polite and apologetic and were quick to replenish. There was a selection of hot and cold food - sausages, scrambled egg, toast, yogurt, cereals etc etc with juice and hot drinks available too. More than enough to set you up for the day.

The hotel is right next door to an excellent Wetherspoons pub where we ate our evening meal and also had a drink at after the concert - very cheap prices for London.

We would definitely stay here again if we had another event to go to at the same location.

One point is that the hotel is quite difficult to spot when driving up - it's not very well signposted from the main road and we ended up having to drive around the one way system again as we missed the turn on our first attempt. Look out for the Wetherspoons pub on the right hand side after the shopping centre and immediately after the pub there is the small drive leading to the hotel and car park - there is one sign at the end but if you blink you can miss it first attempt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ahmed_Khwaja, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, 15 November 2013

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

We, at Hammersmith always work hard to ensure that all our guests have a wonderful experience, while staying with us.

Every positive feedback from each guest boosts our confidence and makes us believe that we are achieving our goal of being best in what we do.

I would like to thank you personally for taking out time and explaining and appreciating in detail about all the facilities available in our hotel, and also for the wonderful tip about not missing our hotel.

I am sorry to know about the inconvenience you experienced, while trying to look for our hotel. Our hotel staff are more than happy to help, and can give directions to our hotel on being contacted.

I hope, we will get a chance to welcome you again into our property in the near future.

Thank you and Regards.
UK
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night this week to attend a concert at Eventim (Hammersmith) Apollo. Location-wise for my purposes, this was the perfect hotel. I'd stayed at the nearby Novotel before but the Holiday Inn Express is slightly closer/less expensive.

My room was up on the first floor. The bed was comfy, the shower excellent, and I can't complain about the room temperature. These are the things that are probably most important to me when I stay at hotels.

The breakfast buffet was free, which is good. In my opinion, breakfast could be improved though; for instance there were some elements of the English breakfast, but I failed to see any bacon. I found the scrambled eggs tasted quite peppery. Pastries were good but the croissant I had was over-toasted. Coffee was fine and plus points for having Mueller yoghurt.

Generally, I had a good stay and will likely book again next time I see a show at Hammersmith Apollo.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

It gives me pleasure to know that you found Holiday Inn Express, Hammersmith, a perfect one for your stay.
We are definitely situated in a very good location, and hence it makes suitable for every guest to shop around, enjoy good food in a variety of restaurants, and have easy access to transport facilities.

We take feedback from our guests very seriously, and I would like to thank you for your feedback and suggestions regarding our breakfast. I have taken it on board, and I can assure you that we will try to improve on it.

I hope, we will get a chance to serve you again in the near future. Looking forward to welcoming you.

Dipankar
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Not far from Hammersmith Statation, but it can be a litte diffictult for starager, at first.
but, the breakfast was good enough, and we can use wifi also,
and they also keep our luggage before check-in.
the interior is not sophiscated, but here is clean and cozy :)
i can recommend here !

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Ahmed_Khwaja, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, 9 November 2013

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

It is always a pleasure to hear from a guest that they had a good stay. We, at Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith, put in our efforts so that guests can have a wonderful stay.

Our rooms come with complimentary breakfast and free WiFi. I am happy to know that you have benefited from these facilities.

Our hotel is in good location, and our friendly staff are always eager and willing to help you with directions to the hotel.

Thank you once again for the lovely review and I am sure, we will get another chance to serve you in future.

Dipankar
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great location - Ideally placed for Hammersmith apollo and just off the high street. Very helpful and friendly service from the staff. Room was clean and of a reasonable size. Fabulous price for a london hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

It is important for every hotel to receive feedback from guests in order to find out the positive and negative points. We, at Holiday Inn Express, Hammersmith believe in the same and work hard to provide the best of services to each and every guest.

A positive feedback like yours is an encouragement for us to perform even better. I am happy to know that our location, staff and room made your stay a good and hopefully a memorable one.

Thank you once again for the lovely review. Looking forward to serve you again.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

From the moment you arrive you are welcomed with a smile and an attitude where the staff go out of their way to make your stay as nice as possible
From directions to a bar or local attraction , too service in the bar area its the staff , location and the overall hotel that make it most friendly I've been too in London
Some of staff that are Im always pleased too see due to their service and friendly nature is Dipankar, Kristine and Anna Maria - cant do enough for you
Recomend anyone come and sample the service - a friendly warm clean hotel

Room Tip: Ask the staff
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lee J
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to review out hotel.

Your comment is very much appreciated and I would like to thank you on behalf of all the members of staff that you have mentioned, as everyone tries their level best to make our guests feel welcome and at ease in Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith.

I thank you again for your kind review and look forward to welcome you at our hotel soon.

Best regards,