“Nandos should be worried....”
Review of Assenheims 56

Assenheims 56
Ranked #3,306 of 24,420 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Colombian
Neighbourhood: City of London
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A must visit for all you chicken lovers out there!
Rarely can I resist when in the city!
The birds are amazing!

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Having previously worked in the city I became some what addicted to this Chicken. So much so that I now travel from Canary Wharf just to get my fix.

The chicken is always tasty and the green sauce has to be tried to be believed.

If your in the area or like me fancy a little trip I can't recommend highly enough.

Ps go large and you won't need dinner

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I used to come here every week a couple of years ago. Due to moved further away I only go back every couple of month. It's good to see the price has not gone up.

A couple of friends and I went there back today just for old time sack. But to our disappointment that the quality of the chicken has gone down considerably. This is an opinion shared by all of us. I had the option of rice and roasted veg, and the veg was slightly under cooked. The chicken itself, while still good portion but just do not have the same smokiness/flavours than before. I hope this is only a one off occasion.

There was a guy who was very rude to customers but we thought it's kind of special to the shop. Then one day he was gone and I somehow quite miss him. :D

3  Thank Pengster F
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is right across the street from the Apex London Hotel. Lucky for us because it has great food and service. When your in the need for a quick stop lunch it is great value for your money. The grilled chicken leg with salad and special sauce should not be missed!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Great lunch takeout! The chicken is well seasoned and the rice and salad add a great touch! Perfect for a hearty lunch if you are out in the evening, great sized portion but can leave you feeling very stuffed!! About £7.50 for a loaded portion of chicken rice and salad!!