“Not as good as previous”
Review of 34 Mayfair

34 Mayfair
Reserve with OpenTable
34 Mayfair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #379 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Located just off Grosvenor Square (entrance on South Audley Street) in the heart of Mayfair, 34 has become a modern-day classic since it opened in November 2011. Burned orange banquettes, oak parquet and a colourful contemporary art collection give the room a warm and inviting look, highlighted by the bespoke charcoal grill in the open kitchen. The grill, also known as a parrilla and fed by natural fuels, was custom-made and imported from Argentina. Head Chef, Harvey Ayliffe has developed an eclectic menu, using the grill not only for beef, but also for seasonal game, fish and shellfish. "Lobster mac" is a perennial favourite, and there is a wide variety of salads and lighter dishes for the less carnivorous diners.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went to 34 Saturday night, we had previously tried to increase our table from 4 to 6 but were told it was full. when we arrived (and left) there would have been plenty of room to accommodate 6. there were at least 6 tables free all the time.
My friend who is a celiac, ordered burger and specifically requested no bun and i reconfirmed the no bun request to the waiter and guess what, it came with a bun, not good enough 34. the problem with a celiac is that wheat flower from the bun must not touch the meat or she gets very sick so, its not just a question of removing the bun, it had to be replaced so we were eating at separate times, I hate that. I had monk fish that was a little dry, shame 34 was one of my favourites but will probably give 34 a swerve for a bit. Maybe it was just an off night

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This week,we have all been told to eat lots more tomatoes. Trust '34' to come up with a delicious tomato salad as a starter. We then enjoyed three favourites, the burger, the steak frites and the roast cod. Dont you often find that the second time you visit a restaurant,it is never quite the same as your first visit.? Nothing could be further from the truth at '34' the welcome is always warm and genuine, the food is consistently superior and the buzz never ceases. The customers,the staff and the kitchen are all having fun. Everyone I have dined with loves the place

1  Thank bubbabear174
Reviewed 5 June 2014

34 is a smart, chic restaurant with an excellent food menu and wine list.

This was a special occasion visit and it 'ticked all our boxes'.

Expensive - Yes. Overpriced - No!

An abundance of smart professional staff are really attentive, but not fussy.

We will definitely visit again and we probably won't wait for a special occasion, we will just treat ourselves to another special meal.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I ate here on a Sunday evening with my wife and one of my daughters. The decor, layout and general ambience was first class. The menu was fantastic. Maybe it was just my taste however the choice was amazing and the prices were fine. We were all spoilt for choice. Obviously it is expensive but not ridiculous. I would recommend this restaurant without reservation.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Well, what a disappointment. We have been regular customers here since the opening. Its stylish and elegant and fun. You always see famous people, Joan Collins was in the night we were there last.

But the food is going downhill.

Starters of asparagus were unimpressive, the wine service took forever. Of our 4 steaks only two were ok. I asked for medium well and was served really over well done. They were so busy i decided not to send it back and ate around the edge as the centre was inedible. Veggies were ok and the fries were anaemic.

They are believing their publicity. Buck up guys because we like your place. We wont be back for a while though.

2  Thank HertsFred