“Clean, lovely staff, perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Adria Hotel

Adria Hotel
Ranked #231 of 1,090 Hotels in London
“Clean, lovely staff, perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed in the Adria in August 2013 with my family for 3 nights and we were thoroughly satisfied with our stay. Our room was 308, a double bed and two singles. It was in the second house, not the one with the reception, which I actually preferred. I had asked for a room at the rear, not facing the road, in my booking and that's exactly what we got. We never had any noise issues and the room was always spotlessly clean.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I can't remember any names but everyone from the reception staff to the cleaners were very pleasant. The hotel is about a 3 minute walk from the tube station and then it's approx. 15 minutes into central London. Staying in zone two means cheaper prices and less noise. The location is perfect as long as you're comfortable using the tube.

I really can't stay enough about how much we enjoyed our stay, we would very happily return again whenever we visit London next.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the properties are quieter. No lifts! Might be a problem if you had big suitc...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Saoi13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stay each week on business - would not return to chain hotels - ideal for my needs. Great value for money and a super location. Always had a good nights sleep. The rooms are clean and service is good. I am not sure what else you would need.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed me and my Dad 3 nights at the hotel starting 27th of July based on the good hotel score listed in trip advisor, only the location was good!! , else we was transferred to an annex building around 400 meters far from the main building with no phone facility to communicate with the hotel staff , 1st day we arrived a "don't disturb" sign was hanged on the door handle!! which means room was not cleaned and no clean towels ,I went to the main hotel building to complain and ask for towels, the receptionist replied that she doesn't know who put that sign and she will bring towels and arrange the room ,two hours later with no response I went back again and was really angry that we could not even take a shower after a long day, she replied that she couldn't leave the reception area because no one else to replace her, I told her this is not our problem ,as a hotel they should have staff to move things around to and from rooms , then she gave me towels to take with me although I told her that I am not happy walking in the street with towels in my hands with a mute reaction !!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This worked great. Walkable to Hammersmith stations. Bus stop almost outside. Super Fullers pub just down the street. Easy and great speed wifi. Breakfast was good too. All in all a super value.

Any downsides?
Well there was no AC in my room, but the fancy hotels had terrible AC, so no difference.
Teeny tiny bathroom, but worked well enough.
Steepish stairs to the room, but not an issue for me. But be aware - no elevator.

Room Tip: Higher floors = more stairs. No elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Booked a 4-person family room for one night, since my party and I were going to see a concert at the Hammersmith Apollo, for which the hotel was in an excellent location, as well as being close to the Tube station and the centre of Hammersmith.

There were no problems with paying for the room (we had booked on the main website paid upfront) and staff were very helpful in helping us finding it. Our room was in an annexe off the main building, and there was no curfew, which was very handy as we were unsure as to what time we would return from the concert. The room was light, spacious and clean, the beds were comfortable, and overall I had an excellent stay.

The room cost 119 GBP, which I felt was an excellent price for the location, comfort and general feel of the hotel. If visiting London again, I would definitely choose to stay at the Adria.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Pencoed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 3 night stay with my 11 year old son.hotel is very clean and comfortable and conveniently situated for hammersmith centre and tube line.great breakfast opted for the continental. Down side very steep winedy stairs.enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Planned to stay here after visiting Germany.
We arrived about 5.00 p.m. to be greeted by a closed door. Sign on door stated “No Vacancies”. Repeated ringing and knocking were not answered. Eventually a person did arrive, from the street, to open the door. He did apologise but added that he had to deal with a guest, which he did via the telephone.
I was then asked to pay, which I refused to do saying that I normally pay on departure, the reason will be made clear later. Also I was informed that there would be a charge no matter whether I used a Debit or Credit card. No mention on booking site. I also noticed that there was now a charge of £4.00 for continental breakfast and £7.00 for full English, not as stated when I booked. I was also asked for my passport. I know that Newcastle may seem a far flung outpost but since when do you need a passport to stay in your own country?
All of this paled into insignificance with what was to follow.
We were given our room keys mine being 404 on the second floor. Despite have mobility issues no help was offered to take our cases up a very steep and winding staircase. Whilst climbing the stairs I managed to hit my head on a projecting section which was, in my opinion too close to the staircase. I was, before retirement, a Structural Design Engineer experienced in designing many staircases. The Building Regulations require minimum clearances which this staircase did not have. I will be writing to Hammersmith Building Control to ask one of their Inspectors to check out the Adria Hotel.
Upon reaching our room we were really pleased to see that it was, apparently, still occupied. Coins had been left on the dresser, a backpack was propped against the wall, and one of the pillows still had an impression from a head in it, a half empty bottle of whiskey was on the bedside table together with non-empty bottles of water. I can provide photographic evidence, if required.
The receptionist was at a loss to explain it but offered us another room. Two issues prevented us accepting this offer. If there were No Vacancies how was there a spare room? Also the idea that someone else had a key to room 404 made me wonder how many other rooms did they have a key to.
I informed the receptionist that as I had once before been stung at another hotel by paying up front and then finding it was rubbish and that was the very reason why I had no intention of paying until I left.
My daughter managed to Google a much better hotel in the vicinity and we left to stay there. £66 cheaper, no card charges and a good breakfast included.

We did actually wonder whether the first phone call was to ask the occupier to vacate room 404 but they obviously did not have enough time to clear it completely.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Oldstertripper
adriahotelham, Manager at Adria Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
We totally accept responsibility for the mix-up upon check-in but are also disappointed that we were not given the opportunity to rectify the mistake. The problem occurred due to a late check-out of one of our previous guests which meant that we had to re-allocate the reviewers booking to another room. Unfortunately due to a shift change this information was not relayed to the next member of staff and the reviewer was given the wrong key. Obviously not the reviewers fault but nevertheless an error that was honest and easily correctable. Just to make it clear the room was most certainly not still occupied nor did anyone else still have a key, the room just wasn't supposed to be let out that evening hence the no vacancies sign on the door.

In reference to payment upon arrival and additional charges, customers are always made aware of our payment policies and extra costs which are clearly indicated on all websites at the time of booking. To all future guests please take the time to read the terms and conditions, they are not hidden and are there to provide you with information about your stay with us.