“So much better than chain hotels”
Review of Adria Hotel

Adria Hotel
Ranked #269 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Nicely decorated and clean small hotel very near to both Hammersmith stations. Room bright and pleasant; bathroom minuscule but I suppose OK for one person for one night. Bed comfortable and location relatively quiet (apart from a few noisy fellow guests). Very reasonable breakfast prices, even though I didn't take advantage. Makes such a difference from the overpriced tatty chains in London.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I found this place on google, and what a fantastic find it turned out to be. Price wise, it's very competitive, double room with full English was only £104 for 2 of us. Considering the area, that's very reasonable. The room was small, but had everything we needed - and I was very impressed to see that not only was the hair dryer next to the mirror (you'd think that was obvious, but I've been to dozens of hotels where the socket is nowhere near a mirror) - but also there was a magnifying mirror in the bathroom - again, I've stayed in far more expensive hotels that miss these details.
Finally, the breakfast couldn't be faulted, the girl running the breakfast room was very efficient, and the food was good. Will definitely be using this place again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Between my husband and I we have stayed at the Adria 3 times( for durations of at least 3days each time) now, the first time being in 2007. We have had a good experience all the times. The downfalls are the stairs many flights and narrow but this is typical in Europe and we are young so not an issue (the staff did offer to help with our bags). The room is a nice size maybe a little small but again pretty typical of Europe. The positives are its location 5minutes from Hammersmith tube station this area has improved over the years, cost 80pds a night, and it is clean. So overall a good but simple place to stay. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at the Adria Hotel this last summer because it had a good price for a 5 people apartment.
Let me tell you one thing, the hotel is very very far from central london, it is all the way to Hammersmith which is the end of the Hammersmith line. Our apartment was a 7-10 min walk to the underground. The good thing was that there are 3 lines passing through Hammersmith, so depending on where you want to go, you can get there a little bit faster. In general it won't take less that 25+ min by metro to reach any place in central london.

The good thing is that the apartment was REAAAAAAALLY NICE! We had everything, including washing machine and dryer soooo because we were touring around Europe, this was extremely good for us. Also the hotel wasn't that expensive (but again, we were 5 people). There is everything around the hotel, you can find restaurants, cafés,mall, supermarkets, an actual market, etc.

Time is important so if you're going to London for a couple of days and want to visit everything, remember that everything closes at around 6pm so you have to get up really early and go out at around 8am to make it worthwhile. If distance is not an issue and you prefer to have your own apartment and not worry about breakfast hours or getting back at a certain hour, this can be a good option. Just remember that the underground closes early, so if you don't have a car, taking a taxi back home would be very very expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lruizm
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed in the Adria in August 2013 with my family for 3 nights and we were thoroughly satisfied with our stay. Our room was 308, a double bed and two singles. It was in the second house, not the one with the reception, which I actually preferred. I had asked for a room at the rear, not facing the road, in my booking and that's exactly what we got. We never had any noise issues and the room was always spotlessly clean.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I can't remember any names but everyone from the reception staff to the cleaners were very pleasant. The hotel is about a 3 minute walk from the tube station and then it's approx. 15 minutes into central London. Staying in zone two means cheaper prices and less noise. The location is perfect as long as you're comfortable using the tube.

I really can't stay enough about how much we enjoyed our stay, we would very happily return again whenever we visit London next.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the properties are quieter. No lifts! Might be a problem if you had big suitc...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Saoi13
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stay each week on business - would not return to chain hotels - ideal for my needs. Great value for money and a super location. Always had a good nights sleep. The rooms are clean and service is good. I am not sure what else you would need.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed me and my Dad 3 nights at the hotel starting 27th of July based on the good hotel score listed in trip advisor, only the location was good!! , else we was transferred to an annex building around 400 meters far from the main building with no phone facility to communicate with the hotel staff , 1st day we arrived a "don't disturb" sign was hanged on the door handle!! which means room was not cleaned and no clean towels ,I went to the main hotel building to complain and ask for towels, the receptionist replied that she doesn't know who put that sign and she will bring towels and arrange the room ,two hours later with no response I went back again and was really angry that we could not even take a shower after a long day, she replied that she couldn't leave the reception area because no one else to replace her, I told her this is not our problem ,as a hotel they should have staff to move things around to and from rooms , then she gave me towels to take with me although I told her that I am not happy walking in the street with towels in my hands with a mute reaction !!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family