“Horrible rip-off”

Camelot House Hotel
Ranked #437 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We had a pre-paid stay booked at this hotel through hotels.com. When we went to check in they claimed to be fully booked and to have no record of our reservation. We tried to find another place (no help forthcoming from hotel staff) but ended up stranded in London with kids in tow and no place to stay. Also, there was coffee spilled in the middle of the lobby floor and no one made showed any inclination to clean it up.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CharlotteG2

Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is not hotel accommodation and it is surprising that some form of authority has not closed it down. In no way shape of form can this be described as a hotel, it is more like emergency bed and breakfast accommodation for homeless families. I was transferred to this 'hotel' at a moment's notice by a reputable hotel chain after a computer booking error on their part and will be looking for a refund. I would not kennel my dogs in that place. Didn't bother with the food, breathing the air in there was bad enough. Be Warned!!

Room Tip: Don't !!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank sxfox
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I wouldn't let a homeless man stay in that -2 star hotel. Used condoms outside the hotel / our room window, strange charactors with hood ups running the place, filth ridden.

The bedside cabinet was like a decorators radio (& the place hadn't been decorated for 30 years !), the shower had mould all over it, the toilet had scum everywhere.

I put my shoes on to get from my bed, across the disgusting floor to the bathroom.

I have no idea what that was in the fridge.

No chance on earth will I stay there ever again, foul. Hygiene panic ! I can only describe this place as a drug den brothel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SPJLeeds
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I had nowhere else to go and was really ill so I stayed.
I never expected to sleeep in these conditions. There was a hole in the bathroom chewewd by rats to get in . The place was filthy. In the hall there was a rat trap and there was a smell of decying something. I'd say a dead rat somewhere.
I slept a little with the light left on and went in the morning without even venturing a shower.

This is really, really really bad.
Do not go there

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank EddieT186338
Reviewed 15 December 2011

i would never book this hotel again and we never even stopped there. they forced us to cancel our booking made for aug 2012 because they were having work done on the hotel at this time. what a pack of lies! which hotel in its right mind would do this when the olympics were being held. only problem we have is, there is no where else to stay at this late stage that we can afford. i beleive that had a better offer from a block booking, and dumped ever one that had booked. SO NEVER NEVER BOOK THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: none at all please do not use this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Positive: Location near Paddington station, relatively clean rooms. Negative: All the rest. Rooms in need of refurbishment, breakfast in the cellar of neighbouring hotel, personnel neither attentive nor nice. I'm definetely not coming back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mardega44
Reviewed 17 October 2011

It has been about 3 years since we stayed at this disguesting dive.The memory of the managements lack of concern for customer requirements(a clean place to rest and wash up) seems to be unchanged as per the current visitor comments.I keep hoping that one day some british tourism rep. will visit this dump and realize that this type of place gives London a black eye . On the positive side, the lady that cleaned the rooms and helped in the kitchen was great.

Room Tip: Just take a look at the room!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends