“Great location! Great value!”
Review of Central Hotel

Central Hotel
Ranked #94 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Great location! Great value!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This was our second time staying at this hotel and both experiences were equally good. The location across from King's Cross station is perfect and allows quick access to all of London. We ordered a prepaid Oyster card and were able to use the underground immediately after dropping bags at the hotel. The rooms and bathroom are about as small as they could be, not unusual for hotel rooms in Europe and not a problem since we didn't plan to spend much time at the hotel. We were on the 5th floor and with no elevator had a built in workout before and after the huge complimentary breakfast each morning. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. We will stay here again when we return to London.

3 Thank dragonflytw65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a total of 5 nights and were located in two different double ensuite rooms. Overall the hotel is well located and priced. It is clean but like many London hotels is not air conditioned and doesn’t have an elevator. We stayed in October and found that it was uncomfortably warm, I think it would be pretty unpleasant in mid-summer and opening the windows cools the room but also lets in the outside noise. The breakfast staff were very friendly and the food was very good. The room only has the capacity to cope with about half the capacity of the hotel so be early or be patient.
In summary the Hotel represents good value for money and is clean and tidy unlike some budget London hotels. Details about the two rooms follow.
Room 15: Is on the first floor at the front. It is possibly the smallest room I have ever stayed in. I could touch the walls on both sides with my arms outstretched! The bed pretty much filled the room. The bathroom was clean but small. It is perfectly adequate for an overnight stay but wouldn’t want to stay in that room again for more than one night.
Room 12. Is more or less on the ground floor at the back of the property. It was a quite spacious room with a large bathroom and plenty of wardrobe space. Incredibly it is priced the same as room 15 yet there is no comparison between the two. Being at the back it is much quieter though at night you can faintly hear the underground trains, though this isn’t a problem. I think that the rooms below us in the basement could be an issue as other reviewers have noted.

Room Tip: In conclusion I would stay again in Room 12 but not Room 15. Also suggest avoiding the basement roo...
1 Thank Rossco90
Wirral, England
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

On a side street just across the road from Kings Cross/St Pancras stations. I received a very warm welcome from the receptionist and again from the staff serving breakfast in the morning. The room was small but well laid out, it was clean and tidy. The bed and pillow were very much to my taste comfort-wise. The TV had good reception (which has been a problem in similar hotels/B&Bs previously). There was the expected noise from the trains underground but I was wearing ear plugs so it didn't disturb my sleep. There was a security light outside the room but again it didn't cause a problem with sleep.
The area as a whole was quieter than I expected so I was able to sleep with the window open.
Breakfast was unexpectedly included in the room fee which was a nice surprise and a full English was offered, though I had only a couple of components of it.
Given the location and the price this was better than I was anticipating and was perfect for my needs for a one night stay before an exam. Would definitely visit again if a similar situation arose.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank doctorbecs
Paris, France
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel was perfect for my short visit to London for a party. My single room on the top floor was compact with a shared toilet and shower room but sufficient for my needs. Bed linen and towels were clean and I enjoyed the complimentary coffee and tea in the room. The hotel is just across from St Pancras King Cross station in a relatively quiet road. There was no noise and I slept well. The staff are very friendly at the reception and in the breakfast room. I could even leave my luggage all morning after checking out. All in all, a very good hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is few minutes from King's Cross station, with very good bus connections to the Center, East as well as West London. 5-10 Minutes to walk from Russel Square. Nice welcome, possibility lo leave luggage when early arriving, and late departure. Very helpful reception, towels changed every day, perfect service. Prices include very complete and tasty breakfast.
Everything was perfect, as usual. I warmly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Romms in the uppper floors have common toilets and bathsrooms, so the room situated close to the sho...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lod, Israel
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I got back from London a couple days ago and we stayed with my friend in the central hotel for a week. The hotel was really lovely,the stuff at reception and in breakfast room was really nice,rooms were clean,towels changed daily.There were some trifle problems but we actually laughed at them:the stairs are narrow,but we lived on the first floor and I live on the fourth floor without elevator,so it wasnt much problem with the suitcases.The shower room is really small-the space between the toilet and the sink was really narrow,so we had to be really flexible to put the clothes on-so I suggest they invent the folding sink:p and there are no hooks for the towels;but the pluses of small space were-you were able to watch tv sitting on the toilet or close the shower room door with the leg by lying on the bed:p .Didn't have a problem to sleep at night,didn't heard any noise of what so ever and believe me where I live I have a kindergarten just under my sleeping room.Breakfast wasnt a feast but tasty enough and keep you going half the day,wi fi worked fine,but i didnt need it
And of course location-the best feature of this hotel-you got a King Cross and St Pancras International just across the street,we arrived from Luton airport just under the hotel and same way back.There are a lot of shops in the station,a lot of restaurants( i think at least 4 indian) and several convenience stores just along the Easton road,I saw o Neils pub and we ate at the Rocket pub first day when we arrived,I think it was a happy hour and we got beer for free.
As far as I concerned the hotel was fine,location was great and I think we stay there again in the future

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

this a small hotel and very compact, very pleasant and helpful reception and breakfast room staff.
our room was on the top floor with no lift and it was a shared loo and shower room,, that was my fault when booking as I didn't check. but what I can say it is very clean and good value for London. and yes I would use it again on a lower floor with my own bathroom. anyway to the manager keep up the good work.