“Would Have given it zero circles if it would let me”
Review of Dalmacia Hotel

Dalmacia Hotel
Ranked #757 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Would Have given it zero circles if it would let me”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Okay...things beyond the hotels control which I accept
Road noise
Foot traffic outside
Other Guests

Now for the bad bits..
£79 discounted price for the room (usually £99)
Tiny double room (works out at about £15 per square foot)
Tiny Bathroom
Peeling Wallpaper
Unfinished paintwork
Rusted Radiator in bathroom (probably caused by urine as its about 1.5inches from the toilet)
Mildew in the shower
Badly fitted Bathroom Furniture
TV ariel outlet hanging off
7 inches of hanging space (due to a Fridge being jammed into the space)
The most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in
Woolen Army style Blanket on the bed (The sheets were Very clean and freshly Laundered)
Only two pillows on a double bed

Now for the service...
Taking my payment the Gentleman dealing with me was fluent in English even though it was obviously not his first language....However, when I asked him to replace the desk fan in the room which was faulty, his grasp of English vanished as it did when i asked for batteries for the electronic safe, so no joy there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Easy to get to from the tube and the neighborhood was quiet. The room had an awful smell that really bothered us (old,musty). The beds were ok. I had two unpleasant experiences: 1) they have issues with their hot water heater. On two separate days we had to wait awhile to take a warm shower. The first time it was around 10pm. Benny ( I think that was his name) told my husband there was an issue with it and it would be fixed in 30 minutes. It did get fixed about an hour later but it was a bother to have to wait to shower after being out all day. The second time this happened it was 9am. George told my husband the water heater was off and to try again shortly. I thought this was strange. 2) one of the housekeepers was extremely rude to me. She knocked on our door at 10:50am. Check out is at 11am. She asked me when we were leaving. She had a major attitude about it. I politely told her that we would be out before checkout I was just waiting for my husband to return to help me carry our luggage. She rolled her eyes and pointed to her watch...it said 10:55am...regardless it still wasn't 11am so she should have gotten off our back about it. Another housekeeper came along (she was very nice) and I told her we would be out very shortly. She said it was fine, we were just the last room they needed to clean. All in all you get what you pay for. We paid around $300 for three nights in London so that was good.

Room Tip: Avoid room 10 if you can. It's the basement level and faces the front street. People sit on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here for Queens club tennis championship. Very good rate through hotels.com for triple room. Bathroom was small but clean and well appointed. Room was very warm, even with fan going and window open! Good size tho, and tv worked well. Breakfast was busy as they only have a small dining room but they allowed us to stay behind after 9am to have it so that worked out ok. Probably quieter if you go earlier on. Good breakfast service (continental style). Easy low stress check in/out. Pleasant employees. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Dalmacia is a comfortable small hotel in a small vibrant neighborhood of shops and cafes. The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from 2 major underground stations. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The sheets, towels and toiletries were much better than we usually find in a budget hotel. There was not much extra space in the room, but it was fine for us. The wi-fi was slow but adequate

Room Tip: We had room 8 (a triple) which faced the back and was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Me and two siblings stayed the night after going to a concert at the 02 Empire. The Dalmacia Hotel was convenient to return and had very cosy rooms. The Gentleman at reception was friendly and welcoming. The Dalmatia hotel is also very close to the underground tube station in shepherds bush which meant we didn't have to carry our bags for too long. The rooms were clean and good value for money- it met all of our needs for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed for one night to go to a gig a the 02 sheppards bush empire the owners were very friendly and always happy to help .when i got home i realised i had left my headphones there i rang them and they sent me my headphones back in the post for free and i recieved them vry quickly will be staying there again in october

• Stayed May 2013
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Dalmacia is little hotel with small but very clean rooms and excelent service and very nice and helpfull staff. Location is good connected with all part of town, bus station is at the front of the hotel and tube is by 10 min walk or 3 bus station.
I was there for a week in April, had a quiet room at the back, that was my base for sightseeing and going out, so it was quite enough for my purposes, to rest and get ready. Only thing that was a little anoying was internet connection, unsteady and week, so I guess it wouldn't be ok for business purposes.
Anyway, great value for the cost and pleasent and friendly staff, and Dalmacia would probably be my choice again for another visit to London.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo