See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

There was good communication from the hotel via online,ie. quick response. Hotel located outside centre as you may know, so you have to take Shepherd's Bush tube about 15 minutes walk or Hammersmith (we did not use this station but mostly used its same line (pink) station Goldhawk Road, much nearer, 5-10 mins walk across the road). From here you can visit Portobello market easily and beyond. With regards to room, hmm what can I say, compact? It was a deal and a decent enough beds to sleep on. TV, towels, kettle, tea facilities available in room. Was able to print out flight booking from office. However, toilet flush not working as efficiently as you'd expect from a decently reviewed hotel, fan not provided until you insist it be put in the room given the hot summer temperature, manager Mr. B was upset at some point for mistakenly sitting at the couch to wait for him when the door was wide open and no sign present to indicate it is a private area. It may partly be due to misunderstanding exacerbated by having English as a second language but this is not an attitude expected of someone working in the hospitality industry. Never had a meh/ bad experience at a hotel ever but what can you do. Overall, if budget is tight and you have no qualms about maybe experiencing some of the above situation, as they say "be my guest!" :-)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Really wasn't bad, room was small, but cheap and clean, the guy on reception was friendly and the location was good. All went well until I realised I'd left a Calvin Kline ring in the room and it wasn't handed in
Suppose I can't blame the hotel, but is still a little annoying.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in late June the hotel is in a good location with a bus stop right outside the front door which takes you to Hammersmith Station and also has some good restaurants and takeaways in the general area. The staff were good as we arrived very late and they were accommodating. Again no air con and Sheppards Bush Rd can be busy so ear plugs or sleeping pills could be a good idea the place is a bit dated but ok if you want somewhere to rest your head after a busy day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Not a particular good couple of nights here. Don't accept a basement room , I was in number 11, as you cannot get the room down to a managable level because if you open the window the busy road noise drowns out the TV and there is no air conditioning. You can't leave the window open if you leave the room as it is burglary risk being on the road side down a set of stairs, so a sauna like room welcomes you back!

The electrics need a review, one plug socket was loose on the wall and the kettle had to be switched off at socket as the switch was faulty. Leave it boiling too long and you scald you hand on the handle! There was a distinct lack of plug sockets, I had to switch my mobile recharging /lap top each time.

Bed was reasonably comfortable with good quality sheets, coverlet and pillows- so no complaints there.

Admittedly the shower and toilet room were nice and clean but the toilet flush wasn't always powerful enough to dispose of the waste, say no more!

Continental breakfast was OK for £4. A couple of rolls, a croisant , some toast and orange juice were served to you. Free choice of cereals , some meats and cheese. Hardly inspiring but value for money in London. The cook wasn't in during my stay so couldn't sample the cooked breakfast at £7.

I arrived at about 6.00pm after a long train journey from Manchester and reception was OK though he questioned my booking which had been done via work and what was paid/ not paid. He showed to my room which meant going outside and down to the basement rooms but didn't check the TV, etc. before leaving. Incidentally the TV remote was with the key in reception and not in the room. I couldn't get TV to work as it wasn't plugged in, fortunatley the reception guy came doing to query my reservation and I asked him were the plugfor the TV was, after scabbling around he couldn't find it either so went away to get an extension lead. I eventually found the plug about 4 ft up the wall, not the usual place.

The breakfast staff on the first moning were pleasant enough, the second morning ta different chap was a bit more socialable, but I wouldn't say they went overboard to help.

Room Tip: Don't go down into the basement rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank simon b
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was only here for about 16 hours as a London landing pad before heading to Wales but everything was good and my room was spotless. Managers were friendly and helpful. I wasn't able to take the breakfast due to my early morning departure so I cannot comment on the food. Later in my trip someone commented that Shepherd's Bush is not a nice neighborhood but I thought it was fine and, in fact, had more personality than other parts of the city I saw. I chose this location as an intermediate spot between city center and Heathrow. Just a 10 minute walk from Hammersmith Underground station.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo