“Pleasant”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Highbury Centre
Ranked #84 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This was my second time staying here. Our stay was split between two of the family rooms. Both rooms were clean and roomy. Breakfast was good though the same every day. It would have been nice to get an early breakfast since we took day trips in which we had leave before breakfast was served, but they are very strict on the breakfast times. It was nice to be able to leave most of our luggage there when we went to Pars for 3 days. I enjoyed being away from the business of the city. Transportation is very convenient. We felt safe arriving back late at night. We enjoyed eating at the the White Swan near the Tube stop. Can't wait to come again. This will be the place I stay whenever in London.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank akmannes
There are newer reviews for The Highbury Centre

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I was booked here on business and stayed two nights in separate rooms. The first room had two beds in it, a sink but no toilet (which was a drag). When I sat on one of the beds to take my shoes off, the bed broke and I'm not overweight at all. Fortunately, I just slept in the other bed that night. When I told the front desk in the morning, the news was greeted with indifference. My second night was in an en suite room. It was very small but comfortable since I was traveling alone. It was a peaceful room and very, very quiet. The morning breakfast was good too. Upon checking out, the front desk was quite helpful in getting me to where I needed to go (regardless of the bed-breaking incident).

Be aware that there are no TVs in the room, no Wifi and staying there is a simple experience. Also, it was about a 15-minute walk to the nearest Tube stop. The walk though is good because it takes you through one of the nicest parks in the area.

Room Tip: Get an en suite room that faces the back.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rschiller
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Working as a preacher in London this weekend I needed a place to stay overnight.
I have been here before. It is modestly priced. I had a single room with an elegant 12 foot window. It was spacious for a single room and had a small( very) en suite
It was clean, warm and quiet. The Centre had an impressive lounge. Breakfast was basic and plentiful.
As a preacher I got a discount but at the full price for a tourist it is still a very good deal. Within easy walking distance of Canonbury Station.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank johnahall
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Stayed here during a time where the rest of London's hotel were fully booked and Way over priced. This place was close to the tube and very pleasant to stay at. I did think it was a little odd that the guests were assigned tables at breakfast. I would have enjoyed meeting some of the other guests and being able to choose seating - but still, really no complaints!

Room Tip: Family-Friendly
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JLR1994
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This is the second time we have been to the Highbury Center and yet again we were not disappointed. The room was absolutely first class and spotless. the breakfast was basic but plenty of it and the staff are so polite and extremely helpful.
It is only 10 minutes from the tube and 2 minutes from the bus stop, and Highbury Park shops and restaurants are only 10 minutes away. It just shows you can get good value for money in London.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StephenCook3091
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Judging from my previous trip to London, I was under the impression that all London accommodation was overpriced, small and cramped, and just clean enough to be presentable, but that was before I stayed at the Highbury Centre. I really can't say enough good things about it - our room was clean, spacious, and homey, the beds were so comfortable that I slept like a baby, the whole building was very quiet and peaceful, the breakfast was DELICIOUS, and my friend and I felt very at home there. We stayed for four nights and really didn't want to leave! As for the location, the Highbury Centre is located in a beautiful and very peaceful neighbourhood that is a very short ride on the underground from London's major attractions. I will most definitely stay here again the next time I'm in London, which will hopefully be very soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Julia J
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This place is just great. Simple, clean and cheap. One stop away from Kings cross! Unbelievable. The atmosphere is lovely. Breakfast very good considering it's included in the price. I love it, thank you Jesus.

Stayed: December 2012