“Get what you pay for”
Review of Fairway Hotel

Fairway Hotel
Ranked #87 of 567 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Very basic. Staff helpful. Room too small (single en suite). Not enough room to put bags in room, kept falling over them. Not good venue for business trip as room too small to work in. Radiator didn't work not great for a visit in January. Bed squeaked on every move. Only one towel provided - no hand towels had to request one. On first morning had to queue in hallway waiting for seat to become free so I could have breakfast. Requested full English breakfast when it arrived it consisted of 1 rasher of bacon, 1 sausage, 1 fried egg and small tub of baked beans!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GanpatMalta, Manager at Fairway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thanks for leaving us a review.
Maybe you weren't aware and for future guests to know , we pride ourselves with offering a friendly and relaxed atmosphere . We are more than happy to help with whatever you require so whether it is towels , a breakfast refill or any other requests all you have to do is ask and we will happily do it . Some guests don't even eat what we give them so early in the morning.

We checked the radiator and it works fine , it must have been the guests previously had closed it as they felt too hot in the room

Regard size of the rooms , I'm afraid this is London and the same can be said for all hotels in the area . A room twice the size will be twice the price . So next time I suggest instead of a single just book a double or family room to get the space.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I really recommend this hotel as it is very near to the underground where most lines are available. Thus if you have limited time to travel it is ideal.

Breakfast is good and staff really friendly.

I won't hesitate to stay in this hotel again. It is already my 2nd visit there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

> room and linen appeared clean
>hotel staff friendly and helpful
>great location

the only downside was that our room was right next to the toilet therefore I was woken by the door being open and closed and the toilet being flushed - however we would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This is my second stay at Fairway Hotel. The location and value are GREAT! Less than one minute walk from King's Cross St. Pancras Station. Plenty of food inexpensive food options nearby. The breakfast was great and the kitchen staff is very pleasant! The front desk team is amazing, kuddos to them!

From our first visit, I remember the rooms being extremely small. So, this time around I booked the Triple Ensuite. Glad, I did because we had the extra space for our luggage and to stretch after doing all the fun tourist stuff. The rooms are very clean, very minimal in decor, but meets all needs and budget friendly. There's no elevator (or at least I didn't see one), so be mindful when dragging your luggage upstairs. I really enjoyed the free WiFi!

If I make it back to London for the third time, I will definitely stay at Fairway Hotel. It's the perfect little hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank ColorOfTravel
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Fairway was cheap enough, clean and very friendly.
Rooms a bit small than I would normally book, but for one night was fine.
Can hear the underground vibration as our room was in the basement but nothing to complain about.
Breakfast was great and service with a smile,
Great for a two star and would stay again if going for a show.

Room Tip: We had booked twin as that's what was available but when we arrived and asked if they had a doub...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Last week I stayed for 2 nights at the Fairway Hotel. I liked my stay there because of the great location - right next to the Kings Cross station. I would like to mention the front-desk supportive attitude , especially Alex, who made my stay there worthwhile.
I was by myself on a business trip. I also used the cozy lobby for a meeting .

Room Tip: I picked an upper floor. There is no lift.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Skatzav
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This Hotel has moved across the street since I stayed here last!! Renovations and upgraded with clean but micro rooms and a welcoming staff. My room has a small single bed, desk and chair with wardrobe and sink with soap and wifi provided. Price good for central London and eating places close by. Great for an overnight stay and very secure. No lift or A/C but good value.

Tube and Rail Stations so close yet in a small street. Llety twt iawn - Agos ir Eurostar - pris rhesymol - staff da !

Room Tip: Higher Higher Higher is best
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business