1,855 results
All reviewsholborn tube stationcovent gardengreat locationfree bottled waterbusiness hotelbritish museumwest endtheatre landquiet locationminute walklounge areacoffee machinecomfortable bedleicester squareweekend breakdefinitely stay here againbooked this hotel
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I spent 2 nights in the hotel and i have nothing much to complain about it. It's really well located, very central and in a quiet location in front of a small park. Room are nice and not very small compared to the standard in London. The bathroom also very nice and clean. I haven't had breakfast in the hotel so i really cannot tell anything about it. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Melzago
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have stayed at many hotels before whether on long or short breaks but, was so very pleasantly surprised to discover this little gem in the heart on London. The moment i walked in with my partner, we were made to feel very welcome, the staff were so friendly and helpful and the service we were given was above and beyond. The place itself is modern and cosy and everything you need to completely relax and enjoy. The hotel was so immaculate and organised and the room was like a home away from home, clean, cosy, and one of the best nights sleep in a long time. We also dinned at the Wabi restaurant using the lift from our floor directly to the restaurant and it was fabulous, the food and the service was out of this world.

The location was perfect, Sunday morning stroll through Covent garden, with all the performers and cafes and market stalls... only a 5 minute walk from the hotel was ideal. Definitely going back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ClaudiaR815
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I loved my stay at this hotel, it provided exactly the service that I needed: a tranquil, pleasant and well equipped room. The work table in my lodging was furnished with electrical sockets, internet access is free and unlimited and there is the possibility to use the computers and the printer at the entrance for free. All the areas were spotless clean. I particularly liked that they supplied conditioner among the toiletries (usually, hotels only provide shampoo and body soap). Behind the reception desk there is a small section where complimentary snacks and beverages are placed at the disposal of all guests.
I only have a few minus points to indicate: breakfast is not included in the room rate and starts everyday at 7am except on weekends, when it begins an hour later. As this hotel is designed for business travellers, the management should take into account that meetings and work appointments can occur early in the morning also on saturday and sunday. For instance, I had a work commitment just after 8am on saturday morning and could not benefit from the hotel's breakfast. Moreover, if there is a stated time for the beginning of breakfast then it should be respected. We showed up at slightly after 8am on sunday morning and yet preparations were still ongoing. I am not trying to be spiteful, I just think that it's a pity that an hotel that offers such a great attendance risks to lower its quality by not caring for small details that can indeed make the difference.

Room Tip: Room 912 has a wonderful view of the park and the skyscrapers of Liverpool Street, the Shard and St. Paul's dome can be seen in the distance.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MisSpectre
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We had a great stay at this property. The hotel is located a short 2 minute walk from Holborn Tube station on the Piccadilly line. Coming in from Heathrow airport it's quite easy as you do not have to change trains at all. The hotel is in a great location! You can easily walk to the heart of the theatre district and also to all the major sights and shopping areas around Oxford and Regent Street. The hotel is located across from a nice park. Once you get your key to your room you can actually enter the hotel from the main street and not have to go the main entrance. Just outside on the main street there are plenty of little shops for food. There's a Paul's bakery right outside and an Eat sandwich shop right across the street. Go down another block and you'll find plenty more shops and small restaurants.

The hotel itself seems to be quite new. The rooms were surprisingly large for London standards. Our room had a nice comfy bed along with a small sitting area as well. The room had plenty of plugs to charge all your gadgets so that was great. The free wi-fi worked great throughout the hotel.

One of the nice touches of the hotel is that they had a nice free coffee machine in the lobby and they also had purified water stations with bottles for you take with you. In the mornings they had some very simple snacks for breakfast (bananas, apples and breakfast bars).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gord_Mtl
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This hotels is exactly what it pitches on its website. It caters for the business traveller and it does it very well. It has a work station in the room with all the mod cons that one would need. It is very clean and comfortable. If you want to go to London for a weekend treat with your loved one this is not necessarily where I would choose but if you want a good priced hotel in a good location then this is ideal. No bath in the room and the towels are very small. The weekend was rather tainted for me though with the rube service that we received. Unfortunately for us we went on the weekend when the clocks went forward. After a lazy Sunday morning we got a call 6 mins past check out time asking us when we were we leaving. I apologised for the confusion and said we would vacate ASAP but thought it was an hour earlier. My hair was wet through and I had just got out of the shower. My husband needed to nip across the road to the local shop for something and upon his return the door card had been deactivated so he was unable to get in. When he called the lady on reception for assistance she very rudely said " you.ve got two minutes!!!!!! This time error was a genuine mistake and after the steep cost of the room (Easter) their manor towards us left a rather bitter taste. My husband left the room with all our luggage and went down to reception to check out whilst I was quickly trying to dry my hair. He helped himself to the complementary coffee service and the minute he walked away the woman shouted down her intercom for someone to come and clean the refreshment station for the second time! He felt like a naughty child that hadnt cleaned up after himself. I left the room in a mad dash feeling all out of sorts. When we actually left it was 26 minutes past the hour. I've a seasoned traveller & havent been spoken to by staff in such a rude aggressive way before.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple