“Just a brilliant day”
Review of Food at 52

Food at 52
More attraction details
Owner description: Much more than a cookery school, this is a full-on culinary experience. Come join us in the kitchen for an amazing feast that you cook. Bring your own group or meet new cuisine-savvy friends as the wine flows and the kitchen heats up. The perfect alternative to another boring London attraction.
Bexley, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Just a brilliant day”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was given this as a birthday present and I can truely say that it was one of the best presents I have ever received.
I went on my own, but was greated fantasticaly by the staff and was joined by 9 other people on the course, and I soon felt that I had known everyone for ages. It is such a friendly atmosphere.
I was on the Thai course, and learnt lots of new things from knife skills to what produce to buy and from where.
I have described the day to friends as 'going out for high class meal with total strangers, cooking the food with them, and then eating, drinking and chatting with them all afternoon, and actually forgetting that you have paid it'.
I have since used the recipes a couple of times and will continue to do so.
Well worth a visit, and I certainly plan to go back and do the Indian course.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Steve J

Carlsbad, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful night of food and friends”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I spent an evening at Food at 52 on the recommendation from a friend while I was in London on vacation for a week. It was, hands down, my favorite experience from the entire trip. John, the man behind the apron, could not have been a better host. He led us through a feast of wonderful southern Indian cuisine that night; learning first about each of the ingredients, and then participating in the preparation of each dish, and finally gorging ourselves on the final product. All the while, the wine and conversation flowed easily, and I made several new friends. I can't recommend highly enough.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank mkporter
Cambridge UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“An amazing course, I had a brilliant time and learnt lots in the process!”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I went along to the fish course on my own and with very little cooking experience. I was immediately put at my ease by the friendly team. The instruction was brilliant and the structure of the day was really well planned with lots of cooking, eating and wine flowing. The rest of the group were lovely and I had a really good laugh. I went away with a big smile on my face and lots of new skills to try out. I would recommend Food at 52 to all my friends because I had a really enjoyable day! Big thanks to John and the team - you are all brilliant :-D

Visited February 2012
1 Thank PhatAlice
London
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Super cookery course!”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

If you are interested in food and cooking and want a relaxed day and learn how to cook some interesting food this is the course for you. I had reseached quite a few cookery courses and for the price this is such good value. You gather in a kitchen led by a pleasant chef who will take you through the day cooking courses and drinking wine! I went with my sister and daughters and we had such a laugh and made some delicious Italian food. Food at 52 do a range of other courses. At no time did we feel under pressure or experienced any food snobbery. Jackie and Pollly made the day comfortable and fun-great treat for anyone. We''ll be back!

Visited December 2011