“Fish and seafood course”
Review of Food at 52

Food at 52
More attraction details
Owner description: Much more than a cookery school, this is a full-on culinary experience. Come join us in the kitchen for an amazing feast that you cook. Bring your own group or meet new cuisine-savvy friends as the wine flows and the kitchen heats up. The perfect alternative to another boring London attraction.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was given a fish and seafood course at food 52 by my husband. Unfortunately we don't each very much fish so he thought it would be a good present. I wasn't sure If I am honest but went along and had a fantastic day. John and Josie were very welcoming and made everyone feel at ease. There were approx 17 in the group and everyone got on really well. It was a very hands on course and great to taste the food afterwards. Nothing was too much trouble. I had a fantastic time, learnt lots and am now going to try my new skills at home. Will definitely be looking at another course. Thank you all for helping me over my fear of fish.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"birthday present"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I attended the Vietnamese cooking course. I found it excellent. We cooked summer rolls with fresh dipping sauces, a green papaya and lotus root salad and a slow cooked caramelised pork belly. They were really accommodating and I would definitely attend another course there. I went with a friend but could easily have gone alone as the atmosphere is very casual and there is a lot of wine.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had a great cooking experience learning new skills on the Spanish Tapas course. The other attendees were a great crowd, fun and made me feel part of the team. The whole evening feels like a total experience not just a cooking class. The recipes were easy to make (with John's instructions), the ingredients were top quality, the wine abundant, the conversation flowed. I'd definately do it again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

What a perfect way to spend a day. Learning, doing, making, and finally eating the feast you have made yourself. I can't imagine a better cookery course, and we we would like to thank John, Josie, and the whole team for making it such a special day. We will definitely be back for more lessons in other cuisines, and hope there evolves a Flavours of Italy 2 course in future.

This is fun, friendly and thoroughly recommended

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Attend a corporate away day her with a small group of ten colleagues. We were able to use the upstairs space for some work in the morning. There were sofas and two areas we could work in and the team were happy for us to bring along things (boring stuff like flip charts etc).

Then we headed downstairs where we spend a few hours cooking delicious Spanish lunch and drinking plenty of wine. John was patient, helpful and encouraging. The instructions were simple and you really could get as involved as you wanted to be. Learnt some new skills and enjoyed doing something sociable with colleagues.

Kitchen was a great space - really felt like you were in someone's house. None of the stainless steel soulless work space I have seen elsewhere.

Overall an excellent day - good space, lovely food, great people running it.

1  Thank d9300q