Review Highlights
A burst of Italian sunshine

I went to the Italian class with friends and had the most fantastic day. We all felt a real sense... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
lucyaO5011WM
London, United Kingdom
Classic French Class

My partner and I attended the French class on Saturday. We had such a great time, the food was... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
retto55
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around London
from £353.60
from £99.00
from £25.00
from £99.00
More Info
All reviews cookery course cooking class free flowing wine cookery school cooking experience knife skills indian cookery cooking tips bouillabaisse learning how step by step great fun team building event birthday present amazing evening learn how great night
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Decided to have a go at this cookery class by myself and did not regret it. Met some lovely people, the teachers were very welcoming and helpful and the kitchen itself was stunning. All the equipment and ingredients are provided and the wine was free flowing. We cooked some wonderful autumnal comfort food, really enjoyed myself. I travelled from Gillingham Kent, it took around 2 hours by train but was worth it.

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank Rosiita
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I have done a few cookery courses before and they were all fantastic but Food at 52 really does have something special! It's like being invited into someones home its that relaxing, who then has the best kitchen that you would dream of having yourself and then you're given all the best ingredients and tools to make some dreamy food! I did the Italian Course and i finally made pasta! I've always wanted to know how to and they taught it in such a way it was easy to remember and showed how simple it really is! I highly recommend this course and i recommend not driving as you are then able to enjoy the lovely wine they offer as you cook/eat! I went by myself which was great as I'm a big foodie, but there were couples there and they all had so much fun! Thank you Food at 52, you'll be seeing me again soon!

1  Thank L5048QRjackb
Reviewed 25 September 2017

If you're looking for a cooking class that's informative and fun without the rigidness then this is it! I took part in the Italian course and not only were the dishes we created beyond delicious, it was very fun and light hearted without the pressure that you would experience at some other cooking courses. John and Emily are very welcoming hosts and have a lot of knowledge when it comes to food! The whole experience was just fantastic and I'll be signing up to another course very soon.

1  Thank _lisahenchman
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic from start to finish!
We did the Vietnamese menu and John hl guided us through every step masterfully. The flavours and fragrances were incredible and the atmosphere was absolutely perfect.
Food at 52 has such a wonderful warm welcoming atmosphere and is as far away from the sterile feeling stainless steel cooking schools as you could imagine, and this is a great thing!

I am already planning my next visit to try another cuisine!

If you want to a fun activity or evening out with great food, great wine and a chance to learn some fantastic skills from an amazing teacher, get yourself to food at 52!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I have been to many different cooking classes but this one was by far the best and was well worth every penny.

John and his team made the maroccan cooking class a real adventure and the atmosphere was so nice and friendly, that I was not surprised to find out that almost a half of the group has previously attended the courses or plans to do it later in the month.

The ingredients were fresh and good quality, the equipment was good and there was a lot of stuff to clean and help us with the cooking. The instructions were very clear and at the end we got a full brunch and late afternoon lunch.

I am now really inspired to cook maroccan at home and definitely will visit another class with this great guys.

1  Thank Irina V