Review Highlights
Italian Cooking

Great fun, staff were friendly and informative and we made some delicious Italian food. I cannot... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Seaside37951609615
Fun and delicious learning experience.

5 hours of Italian cooking. Amazing Italian chef who taught us, a group of 8. He demonstrated but... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
albertak2016

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around London
from £357.97
from £99.00
from £25.00
from £99.00
More Info
All reviews cookery course cooking class free flowing wine cookery school cooking experience knife skills indian cookery cooking tips bouillabaisse learning how step by step great fun team building event birthday present amazing evening learn how great night
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Stepping into food at 52 feels like your entering someone’s home with its eclectic furniture and momentos from John and Emily’s travels. It’s warm and cosy environment and sets the tone of the evening nicely.

The class continued in the same vein with John being welcoming from the get go and the way the class is orchestrated really encourages participants to work together. We felt like a small brigade of cooks when we were preparing the ingredients.

As well as being really warm, John was also really informative. I picked up so many little tips and tricks during the demos which I will put to good use. Finally, the passion he has for the food is evident and the stories from his travels to Thailand really add to the authenticity of the experience.

Last but not least, the food was delicious - I’m definitely going to make the green curry the next time I have friends over for dinner.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Neil D
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Really wasn't sure what to expect when I booked the course, but it was truly a great experience. John and Emily were really accommodating and enthusiastic about the food we were making.

I chose to do the South Indian course and on top of learning about the ingredients and preparing the food, we also learned some useful knife skills. We were also treated to coffee and as much wine as we could drink.

Ideal for a birthday or anniversary. I highly recommend it!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Thank you for a fantastic evening. Great space to learn to cook in a relaxed and friendly environment!

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank Nikki O
Reviewed 20 December 2017

We booked Food@52 for a work Christmas do and everything went down a treat! Venue was great and staff obviously knew their stuff. Fun, relaxed cooking experience for all levels and the food was delicious! Slight rush at the very end but overall staff were very accommodating and were happy to work around a few additional requests we made.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank Sam T
Reviewed 26 November 2017

This was a birthday present from my family and I checked on Trip Advisor beforehand to see what to expect - amazing reviews, surely it couldn't be THAT good/enjoyable..?
Well it was! Yesterday I enjoyed 5 + hours 'in the kitchen with John & Mark, it was a relaxing day, VERY informative, unstressful and I left feeling much more confident regarding my 'fish skills' in the kitchen with several new recipes for future dinner parties. The wine & conversation flowed around a single large kitchen table/preparation counter - a GREAT day out...

Date of experience: November 2017