Review Highlights
Brilliant Christmas present!

Wonderful evening, a great mix of tuition and being able to watch and absorb the atmosphere. I did... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Amy G
Fantastic Food at 52 French Class

I attended the French cooking class on a Monday night with my husband and daughter. We all... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Kate M

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around London
from £360.92
from £99.00
from £25.00
from £99.00
More Info
All reviews cookery course cooking class free flowing wine cookery school cooking experience knife skills indian cookery cooking tips bouillabaisse learning how step by step great fun team building event birthday present amazing evening learn how great night
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I went to the new pasta making class at Food@52 and absolutely loved it!
Having made pasta only a few times before, it was great to learn from Stefano all the tips and tricks to ensure your pasta is like (or close enough) to Nonna's. I feel like I now have the skills now to make both traditional pasta types to more interesting styles (e.g. we added spinach into our pasta to make the ravioli).
Stefano's love of Italian food shines through and he was great at passing on his years of experience through individual guidance.
The class was held within a fun, relaxing environment and most importantly all the food at the end was delicious! Highly recommend for a fun night with friends or for the next work event.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

John was great from start to finish, me and my other half did the Thai cooking course and the menu was amazing, simple but authentic Thai food that tasted unbelievable! All the staff were happy to help and answer questions and john's love, care and attention for food really shows. I've already booked my next course!

1  Thank Fraser B
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Stepping into food at 52 feels like your entering someone’s home with its eclectic furniture and momentos from John and Emily’s travels. It’s warm and cosy environment and sets the tone of the evening nicely.

The class continued in the same vein with John being welcoming from the get go and the way the class is orchestrated really encourages participants to work together. We felt like a small brigade of cooks when we were preparing the ingredients.

As well as being really warm, John was also really informative. I picked up so many little tips and tricks during the demos which I will put to good use. Finally, the passion he has for the food is evident and the stories from his travels to Thailand really add to the authenticity of the experience.

Last but not least, the food was delicious - I’m definitely going to make the green curry the next time I have friends over for dinner.

1  Thank Neil D
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Really wasn't sure what to expect when I booked the course, but it was truly a great experience. John and Emily were really accommodating and enthusiastic about the food we were making.

I chose to do the South Indian course and on top of learning about the ingredients and preparing the food, we also learned some useful knife skills. We were also treated to coffee and as much wine as we could drink.

Ideal for a birthday or anniversary. I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Thank you for a fantastic evening. Great space to learn to cook in a relaxed and friendly environment!

Date of experience: December 2017