Hadleigh Hotel
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$491
US$256
US$233
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$159
US$193
US$171
galahotels.com
US$312
US$299
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2013

With only four minutes to the shops of Oxford Street and good sized bedrooms this hotel is worth it`s money! Very friendly and helpful staff. We stayed for three nights in a executive double room. The room was large with a big bathroom, TV, small kitchen-corner, hairdryer and safe. The only negative thing is the noises that was a bit irritating at times. Our room was on the ground floor, and you could hear every time someone came in or left the hotel, everything that was said, and if people were walking outside. But if you are looking for a good comfortable budget-hotel near the shops in Oxford Street this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Hadleigh for 1 night on 21st March. Because it was a last minute booking we were allocated a room on the top floor. As we are quite elderly and as there are no lifts we found the stairs very steep and for us difficult to negotiate. On seeing a sign saying "vacancies" I asked whether there was a room on a lower floor which we could move to. The receptionist was most helpful and to our surprise we were given a ground floor bedroom which was much larger and also had a very spacious bathroom and small kitchenette. Overall our experience was very good: helpful staff, clean accommodation and very reasonably priced bearing in mind its west end location.There is no dining room in the hotel but for a small charge breakfast can be purchased at a nearby hotel.We did take up this offer but were not overly impressed so would recommend going elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

i have just got back from a two night stay in the hadleigh hotel and found it very good. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a double room which was clean and well equipped with a hair dryer coffee and tea making facilities TV and en-suite. The hotel is very well situated in central London a 2 min walk from marble arch tube station and a 10 min walk from Paddington.
We will be using the hadleigh again on future stays in London

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank evz73
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel- clean, spacious rooms, friendly staff, excellent location at a great price. Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 nights stay in this comfortable B&B, and would want to stay here every time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed here for one night in May 2012, and was amazed at finding a guesthouse so centrally located that was under £100 a night. I paid a full £100 for what was dubbed the 'Superior Twin Room'. Unfortunately, upon arrival, I was informed that my room was no longer available, but was offered cut-price on a single room, or else I would be staying in a triple room at the agreed £100 pricemark. Keen to have more room rather than less, I took the triple.
This was room #1, and it was located right next to the hotel entrance, and on street level. The road outside is very busy, and there were cars and vans driving all night long. The hotel does not have double-glazing, so the room was quite noisy as a result. The outside door is shut at 10.30pm each night, although they give you a key for entrance. A group of guests woke me up at 2.30 or so in the morning after having forgotten their keys, and were banging on the door and shouting at the top of their lungs for someone to let them out. It was annoying, but only partly the hotel's fault.
Amenities are hard come by. There are towels and soap bars provided, but no shampoo, etc. There is a kettle, and tea/coffee making supplies. Power sockets are mostly sealed-off, though I found two that I could use by my bed. The television did not receive any channels when I tried it in the morning.
I would stay again, but I would only recommend it if you are looking to save.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the street-level room #1. It is too loud outside.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo