“An amazing night out...”
Review of Home House

Home House
Ranked #441 of 1,069 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“An amazing night out...”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

As everyone spotted it's a club.. not a hotel...
Went there with someone who is a member and loved every minute of it... Breathtaking interiors which take you back it time to 18th century...
Fantastic atmosphere and first class service... you feel like comfortable, and looked well after in this place.. Great drinks and superb music...
Worth seeing... and would most definitely go back...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Danek_6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I always love Home House. I am a member but don't use it as much as I'd like. I have dinner there with my better half and friends a few times per year. It is excellent in every way BUT be prepared for £100 to £150 per person if you have decent wine.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sicnarfer
London
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I usually frequent the more traditional private members clubs, so it was so much fun going to Home House! Really really delicious cocktails, a fab atmosphere and gorgeous surroundings. Loved it! Sadly we didn't get to check out the club or have a full tour, we just went to the upstairs drawing room and bar. Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Catherine L
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I had imagined what Home House would be like from some photos I had seen but I was somewhat surprised. From the exterior, it is a large, imposing building but there's nothing to suggest it's a members club. I couldn't even spot a name plate. I had this vision of an elegant, if staid interior where rich and famous men of means drank 20 year-old malt, smoked Cuban cigars and wore Armani suits, whilst sitting in sumptuous armchairs beneath crystal chandeliers and waited upon by frocked-tailed, bow-tied waiters. In fact it's anything but. There's a labyrinth of corridors and days rooms with three lounges on the second floor that all connect and where members and guests all meet up. More surprising was the informality with people dressed casually, even in jeans, and where young women feel equally at home as their male colleagues.
On the down side (because it conflicted with my image) it was not quite as elegant as I had imagined but on the plus side was the informality. As a guest, I had worn a smart suit but my business colleague ( a member) that I had come to meet with was in jeans. Service though was very good with attentive staff. However to use the toilets I had to descend one staircase and ascend another which seems somewhat of a design fault considering members and guests mainly gathered for drinks etc in the three connecting lounges. That said, Home House also offers dining and accommodation facilities. It's location in Portman Square is very central and about an eleven pound taxi ride from stations like St Pancras and King's Cross and easily accessible from several tube stations such as Baker Street. For my colleague, it's a second office but from a personal perspective I found the background hum of many other conversations a little distracting. Perhaps a second visit would help me make up my mind. Can I say though the door staff were excellent and got me a cab literally within thirty seconds.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank flamingstar
London
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Very pleasant birthday meal with friends who are members of this club. The food was excellent and the staff attentive and friendly. I loved the atmosphere and if I get a chance I will be back. We had the beef and were all sharing, it was very well cooked.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tieler
Tortola
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Outside it was cold and wet, inside warm and welcoming. Home House is the perfect place for friends to meet, relax and have a light lunch. It really feels like home. Even more so because of the attentive customer service that goes to great length in insuring that their members and their guests are comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was staying as a guest of a Home House member. I loved it. Every bedroom is very different - fun and quirky! Glass of Champagne on arrival - nice touch and very welcome. Staff really friendly and helpful.
Loved the fact that each of the houses (there are three making the one club/hotel) is so different - ranging from relaxed lounges to cool bars.
Really recommend it for a unique London experience.

Room Tip: If you are on a weekend and don't like to party late - mention it to be in a quiet room.