Hotel Lily London - Kensington/Earl's Court
Sara Hotel(London)
Boka Hotel(London)
Beaver Hotel(London)
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My son and I stayed for two nights in Hotel Lily. It is a two minute walk from West Brompton tube station to the hotel which was great in terms of location.We were checked in efficiently and courteously and given a room on the third floor.The room was small but functional.The beds were clean and comfortable and no shortage of hot water.Our room looked out on the main road so it was noisy as there was a bus depot across the road.It was very warm in the room but the hotel management aren't responsible for the weather. We left the window open.The breakfast room is in the basement,service was very prompt.Orange juice,cooked bacon ,eggs etc tea,coffee and toast.We used the stairs and found everywhere clean and tidy.After reading other reviews i was dreading the experience but we found everything very pleasant and would have no hesitation staying there again.Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night 15/07/2013. The hotel was very clean and welcoming as was our room. Breakfast was very good with fast service. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Convenient location for tube/central London. Would definitely stay here again. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I am writing this review for my 11 year old daughter who stayed at Hotel Lily for 2 nights on a school residential trip. After reviewing the hotel on trip advisor and speaking to environmental health at the local council beforehand we knew what to expect. Dirty rooms, no hot water, dirty mouldy shower/bath and broken windows held together with duct tape....... I was very concerned about the bed bug problem at this hotel, however, the head teacher understood my worries and checked the beds himself, all seemed ok apparently and my daughter said the sheets looked clean so that was a bonus.
The first evening meal the children complained as the chicken was under cooked and one child complained that their meal had blue plastic in it, another said the bones were green....... and all luke warm!!!!! The kids also said that a cleaning trolley was left in the dining area where they were eating and it stank.
My daughter said the hotel itself wasn't very clean and looked grubby and there were ripped seats and rubbish. I know this is a budget hotel but just a few basic maintenance jobs and a good clean and scrub would help and perhaps some kitchen staff with a hygiene certificate and catering qualifications would help...... she came home without and bites, rashes or food poisoning so that's a blessing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank sarah1865
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Checked in at almost midnight and only wanted to go to bed!! Got to the room and was aware of other guests next door and hoped I was so tired, it would make no difference. I should be so lucky. Laughing, joking, sounded like five a side football taking place. I am not a killjoy but a time and place for everything. Midnight to 04,00 neither!! Also, springs coming through mattress, room smelled stale, the sink in the bathroom didn't have a plug so the water from the tap went straight down the plug hole!! Booked a single room and got a room with 4 single beds in it with 12 inches between each bed. Some hotels/hostels have this arrangement and cost 25% of their fees!! 04.30 came and I decided to evacuate. Checked out telling the receptionist I could have got more sleep by staying in the car. For the next two hours, that is what I got. Bliss!! At 04.30, I made sure I knew where the noise was coming from. Put hand on the wall and it was vibrating. Stud walls, no breeze block, stud walls.

Complained to Mary O'Donoghue, the so called manager who refused to consider the possibility of a refund, all be it, partial. Offered a £200 room for £55 in the future..................she just doesn't get it!!!!!!!! Who in their right mind would spend £200 here. She says that London was full and she can charge what she likes!! She has delusions of grandure and her customer relation skills are abismall. She is on a different planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I paid £110 for this room. Take my advice, book the Kensington Close Hotel for the same money and get a decent room that smells fresh and welcoming or try the Lancaster Hall Hotel for a twin bedded room, single occupancy for £70, both with equally good transport facilities nearby. Good luck and take it from me, AVOID THE HOTEL LILY AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim P
Reviewed 21 June 2013

If you go for holiday in london, perhaps there are some other better hotel with same price of this hotel with better location nearer to london central.
if you go for business in london, then your business location near(up to 3 train stations) this hotel, this hotel is not bad.
room space ok.
room cleanliness below average.
room value ok