“You get what you pay for.”

Hotel Lily London - Kensington/Earl's Court
Ranked #981 of 1,063 Hotels in London
wales
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a two star budget budget hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms perfunctory at best. I was happy with the offer as I literally was parking my car, dumping my bags, straight out, back late, sleep and gone in the morning before 8am. It is not a hotel I should wish to spend much time in my room in but if you plan a quick stop over and plan to be out, it's OK.

Parking was cheaper than other nearby hotels and I wasn't charged extra for an hour overstay. Overall an OK if not slightly worn hotel in West London. Tip to owners, get a proper iron board.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank binnysays

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Me and my partner had a visit to London and chose to stay at the Lily as it was a little cheaper than the others near by, although we wish we had spent the bit extra to go somewhere else.

The room had not been cleaned very well, it was dusty on all the surfaces and ledges, dirty coffee cups, the shower head was covered in grime, the vent in the bathroom was thick with dust, the toilet had yellow stains in it, the sink had no plug revealing more dirt here and under the tap. The hotel was meant to be recently refurbished but that is hard to believe.

Despite the photos on the website, the room was very small, and could only get into one side of the double bed as the other was against a wall. Although it is complementary, the breakfast was very disappointing, there was no choice, all cooked ahead and not a 'full' English breakfast by any means -this is fair enough but it is not clear this is what you will be getting. When we asked for milk for a cup of coffee, it was taken off another table, I don't really want to share my milk with strangers.

When we complained to a member of staff about our room we were told that someone would come up to check the room for what we were unhappy about. When we spoke to the manager, we were told sorry and nothing more was done. She also said that we got the room for a discounted price (through booking online) therefore she wasn't going to give us any kind of refund. and that no one else has complained (clearly hasn't read Tripadvisor). Although this may have been a cheap place to stay in London, i feel that this is no excuse that we should have to stay in a dirty room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

dont book this hotel, room was absolutely aweful, i checked out straight away. It stank, the floor was stained, there was even a stain on the bed cover, the bathroom was also in a very bad state. Not worthy of even a penny.

Room Tip: dont believe the pictures
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alcyom
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I recently booked this hotel for a business trip. They said they had newly refurbished rooms but they were not and also they were dirty. The staff were unhelpful and wouldn't let my college park the van in the car park even though that's the only reason we booked the hotel as it had a car park! Very disappointing.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Larkhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed on business, and the best that can be said about this hotel is that it's functional. It's a bit tired round the edges, but generally clean. Bedsheets were clean, room and bathroom are both small, but for a night or two are fine. Breakfast was fine, and the service not bad at all.
Like other reviewers have said, it's not the Hilton, but for a few nights on business, I got exactly what I paid for. Nothing more, and nothing less. Would I use it again? Yes. Oh, and I never encountered any of the 'rude' staff some reviewers have spoken about.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Pordenone, Italy
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Thank God I only spent one night at this hotel!
I was there three years ago for New Year's eve, I booked this hotel only because it was relatively cheap compared to other hotels in the area.
However since it was New Year's Eve I still paid £90 for a horrible room.
The hall of the hotel was decent but the staff was really unpolite.
The room was tiny and one side of the double bed was leaning against the wall so my partner had to jump over me in order to get off the bed during the night.
In addition there wasn't a single surface that you could use to put things on.... only a tiny desk where the TV was...So we removed the TV in order to put our tiny trolley on the desk ( if we put it on the floor we couldn't move ).
The sheets were smelly and stained. To be honest I haven't had the guts to look behind or under the bed because I was scared of what I could find. The window had a draft but that was the least of my worries, curtains smelled foul and were visibly dirty.
The toilet was tiny, I showered with my flip flops on because it looked filthy and smelled of bleach (promising sign though...).
Next morning I went downstairs for breakfast just to see what they could possibly offer, having seen the state of the room.
The breakfast room was awfully decorated, really dated and breakfast was disgusting, burned toast and poor quality food.
This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had, stay away from it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank donatellat383
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy! The room is small, it smelt of cigarette smoke - although the staff disagreed with this on the grounds that smoking is not allowed! The breakfast options are non existent and the veggie option is simply to remove the meat from the plate. We requested that the heating be turned off, it wasn't despite a man with a set of plyers playing around for 15 minutes. The bathroom ceilings are mouldy, as much water spurts from the both ends of the shower hose. There are fixtures missing from everywhere, the sink pedestal is not attached to the sink bowl, the fixings on the toilet seat are missing. Only 2 of the available 3 plugs sockets work. The TV wouldn't tune in. When I tried to talk to reception they answered the phone in the middle of my conversation with them and then blandly uttered "sorry for you wait" without even looking up at me - obviously they were not at all sorry for being ignorant and answering the call in the middle of our conversation or the wait that this meant for me.
So in summery. It is filthy, it smells and the staff are rude.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business