“What a pleasant surprise!”
Review of London House Hotel

London House Hotel
Ranked #304 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Midland, Texas
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed in the London House Hotel on the 30th and 31st of December 2013. While the room was indeed small compared to a US hotel, it was perfectly fine for my needs. But more importantly, it was VERY clean, the staff was VERY friendly and the price for new year's eve was VERY reasonable.

I don't remember her name, but a tall blonde lady was at reception when I checked in. She made me feel like she had been waiting specifically for me. She was kind, professional and quick to check me in. The over night staff were very observant but polite which makes you feel safe.

My room (210) was next to the elevator. I rarely heard the elevator while sleeping. It was even quiet. Finally, it is a two block walk from the Bayswater tube station and right behind a major shopping mall. I loved it!

I've stayed in many hotels in London over the past twenty years. This is a typical London hotel room in terms of room size, but it is above average on every other front. I will stay here every time I am in London.

(p.s.) I didn't have breakfast or use the laundry facilities, but these are both perfect if you're staying a week but want to travel lightly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank John J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed here 12/30-1/2 after researching hundreds of London hotels- the reviews here and the pics on their website 100% accurate - the hotel staff was very helpful prior to arrival and during arrival. The location is great - an easy walk to two tube stations, neighborhood has an "ethnic" vibe to it with lots of different restaurants, but felt safe at all times - even walking back to the hotel late at night. We booked the family room and there were 4 of us sharing - the beds were very comfy - and even with our large suitcases the room never felt crowded - the bathroom was great! I would suggest that the hotel take new pics of this family room for their web page as it looks a little dark on their page, but it is actually a very bright room - I for sure would stay here again when visiting London, especially if there were 3 or 4 of us - it was easy to get to anywhere in London from this location! Very clean - did not choose to pay extra for breakfast, so not sure what that was like.

Room Tip: We had the family room which is a basement room - I did not feel like I was in a basement - I loved...
1 Thank SouthernGalTravels
UK
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed one night with husband and son in family room in basement of this hotel. Normally with a family room you get a sofa bed, which we are not keen on, but this room had one double and two separate singles. Room size was perfectly fine with space to put luggage without falling over it and room to move around..Clean and comfortable, Location was a short walk from Bayswater and Queensway tubes with plenty of shops/restaurants/cafes en route.

2 Thank suztuckr
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. It is nice to read that your room choice was perfect for you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to welcoming you at London House Hotel again soon. Kind regards.
toronto
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights in Nov. Had a really great stay although the room is very very small with a small single bed. A lot of restaurants nearby, shopping mall just around the corner. Most importantly, it's very close to 2 tube stations: bayswater and nothing hill gate. A stroll away from Hyde Park. Make sure you take a stroll in this beautiful park.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank seckhia
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay at London House Hotel and I appreciate your comments. Our rooms are not huge as you mentioned. However, they are within the London’s standards and perfectly formed for our guest’s satisfaction and convenience. We would love to welcome you at London House again soon! Best regards.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We just stayed in early Dec and it was just a fantastic location with traveller friendly Queensway just 3 minutes away. Lots of food choices including fastfood, asian food, supermarkets, even Boots with pharmacy open till late. And the hotel is very new, with great plumbing and shower, though rooms are on the small side. Overall a great stay for our family!

1 Thank yin100
Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your comments are much appreciated and we all look forward to seeing you again at London House soon. Best wishes.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 December 2013

London House Hotel is one of the Most affordable full service hotels in London, offering Excellent Value for Money. It's superb location in Bayswater means the Tube station, pharmacies, Whiteley's ( a large shopping mall), Marks & Spencer's dept store, Boots (pharmacy), lots of eateries (Italian, Chinese, British, Lebanese, Malaysian cuisine) all within literally 5 minutes' walk from the hotel. Located in the prestigious Kensington Park area this is topnotch West End London locale. The staff is polite, helpful, professional, and best of all VERY VERY QUICK and EFFICIENT. All complaints and requests are literally attended to within minutes. Me and my family spent an absolutely delightful two weeks staying at this hotel. Word of caution though: this is London where property prices are sky-high. Please expect your room to be MICROSCOPIC (as in you must pretend you are living in a First Class suite onboard an airplane or train). Sneeze hard or even try to wipe your nose and you'd slap the faces of two other people in the same room. If you are the sort who expects private putting green, fountain, swimming pool, horse racing track, helicopter pad or bowling alleys inside your room, this is NOT the hotel for you. However, this hotel was recently renovated and very modern. Wifi internet is excellent at broadband speeds and free to boot !! Cleanliness is 101% - I have seen hospitals that are more filthy.

Room Tip: If you travel in a family ask for the family room where four can squeeze (and I mean SQUEEEEZE) into...
1 Thank foo_c_m
Thank you very much for your nice and detailed review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at London House Hotel and that you were happy with all our facilities, location and services. I really appreciate your comments about our hotel’s cleanliness and I can guarantee that we do our absolute best to keep up with the highest standards to satisfy our guests. Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you at London House again soon. Best regards!
Northumberland
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here last year and chose it again as we were visiting the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. It was very much the same as our first visit, I even think we had the same room! The breakfast is really nothing special but OK. On the second day we had no hot water in our shower, we mentioned this and we're told we should have rung reception. Another couple complained about the same problem at the same time and we're told the same. I don't think it was the actual shower just not enough hot water. We would stay again as for a hotel in a city centre it is surprisingly quiet no noise from corridors, outside or other peoples plumbing!

Room Tip: Rooms are well described on the website, even the biggest rooms are small and some are tiny. But the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to read that you have chosen our hotel again and was happy with our facilities and quiet location. I am sorry if you have experienced any inconvenience during your stay. Your comments have been noted and addressed accordingly and I am happy to advise that we have no problems with the water temperature or pressure as everything have been checked and fixed promptly. We all would love to see you again at London House Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Best wishes.