“london house hotel”
Review of London House Hotel

London House Hotel
Ranked #316 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I booked this hotel as it was recommended to me by a fellow traveller who had stayed here with their family.the hotel is in a good location very close to bayswater station.the room is on the basement floor and is very quiet.the room is not bad size with a double and 2 singles.tho only negative is that the parents bed is a double with no bed side tables and the ensuite is small with no where to hang your towels.there is also no room service.price was reasonable for london standards.it was satisfactory all way round.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank perthminxy
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. We have our rooms located from the lower ground up to the 4th floor, depends what type of room you reserve. I am happy that you were pleased with your quiet family room. We wish to see you again at London House Hotel, so please contact us directly for the most competitive prices. Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The best thing about the hotel is the location and the prices, especially if you want a room with more than one bed.

The hotel is in a quiet square, barely a minute from the heart of Bayswater, near several tube stations and within walking distance of Hyde Park. Notting Hill and Portobello Road are not too far away either.

We were told on arrival that since the room was so narrow, we would be given complimentary breakfast, which was a nice gesture. Since I like to sleep on the floor, I asked for extra bedding and this was promptly sent up. I am told by my friends who used the beds that they were very comfortable however.

The room was pretty basic and the bathroom small, like our narrow room but it was ideal as a place just to shower and change and get a good night’s sleep for a relatively cheap price. The only negative thing I could really comment on would be the breakfast, which was pretty uninspiring and if I would have had to pay for it, I think I would have declined and eaten elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank acwf2973

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay with us and that our location and services were convenient for your needs. We offer fully continental breakfast for the extra charge and we feel that there is a great selection for a good start of a day. However, we understand that every person is different as well as the expectations and there are also plenty of cafes around the corner. We would love to see you at London House Hotel again soon! For the best possible prices, please contact us directly. Best wishes.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I am a travel agent and have travelled the world. This charming hotel exceeded my expectations. I booked it for 8 women, including myself, because of the good price and good reviews. All 8 of us loved it. Great location, very clean, excellent staff. Breakfast is quite simple but dozens of places to eat just outside your door. Will recommend this to everyone I know.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joanne M

Thank you very much for your nice review! I am pleased to read that you were nicely surprised by our hotel, staff and services. Your comments are much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you at London House again soon! Best regards for all of you!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at London House for one week and the experience was excelent. Very well located, it is possible to walk to Kensigton Gardens, Hyde Park, Portobello Road. We recommend London House Hotel to stay at in Lomdon.

Room Tip: It is better to choose the room with a garden view as there are some rooms in the lowerground that c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vera F
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For being within a 5 minute walk of Kensington Gardens, this cute hotel is more reasonably priced than many of its neighbors. What you sacrifice in square footage, you more than make up for in the convenience of its location--2 minutes from the Bayswater station on the District Line or the Queensway station on the Central Line. The decor is modern, and the room has all the amenities necessary for a basic stay. We had a ground floor room without a view; the bed was a double/full. One potential drawback is that sound seems to travel quite a bit--we heard a lot of conversation/foot traffic outside our room during the brief time we were inside during the day--but the hotel was quiet at night. If you are looking for luxury, this isn't the place, but if you just want a clean, comfortable place to stay the night when you're exploring London, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Candace P
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am happy to read that you found our hotel to be convenient, clean and practical. I would love to see you back to London House Hotel again soon! Please email or call our hotel for the most competitive offer. Kindest regards!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well situated for Central London. Smartly decorated. For cost however is over-priced - no room service/limited breakfast choice. Basically smart B and B serving continental breakfast. Had room with "garden view" - standing on tip-toes I could just about see the garden but window so high up in attic room describing it as a "garden view" was pushing it a bit. Room small - shower only. No bath. Over-priced at £164 for small room with limited amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Kate N

Thank you very much for your review. I regret to read that you found our prices for the high season expensive and unsuitable for you, were all the hotels around were selling the same sized rooms for the much higher rate in this busy period of your stay. However, I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay overall. Kind regards.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Last night we stayed in this lovely hotel. I had read the reviews and knew to expect the room to be small, but was pleased to note that it's no smaller than a travelodge/premier inn, and much nicer.

I got off the tube at Bayswater expecting to get lost, but the hotel was really easy to find. We were allocated a room on the ground floor, which we were pleased with.

It was ideally located for us, not far from Paddington station so we didn't have to travel far with our luggage. We also only had to walk down the road to go to Kensington Gardens, where my daughter enjoyed playing in the Diana Memorial playground.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a couple of nights stay in a Central London location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hannah S

Thanks a million for writing us this lovely review! I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your booked room to be suitable, convenient and practical. We always try to allocate all our guests requests and to provide the best possible service - I am happy that we did not disappoint you. We look forward to welcoming you at London House Hotel again! Best wishes.