“exellent hotel for a family of four”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of London House Hotel

London House Hotel
Ranked #296 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“exellent hotel for a family of four”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed for 12 days in a family room. We even got a family room on the first floor with a view to the garden in front of the hotel, we were so grateful for that. The hotel was quiet, never had any problems with any sounds, well ofcourse we heard noises from the street, but that`s life and didn`t bother us at all. There`s a fridge in the room, and there was enough room for breakfast "things" for all four of us, that was a big plus. The bathroom was a good size and clean. The beds were comfortable. The people at the reception were friendly. The location of the hotel is perfect, quiet, but round the corner is almost all you need. It´s very close to markets, kensington garden, good connection travalling to almost any direction... bus stops, tube stations. We`ll definitely come back if ever need accommodation in London. We had a perfect vacation. (There`s a shuttle bus service to and from heathrow, so getting to the hotel is easy, but with heathrow express/connect trains to Paddington was also easy as can be)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Nea Ö

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed at the London House Hotel twice before, once in a twin room, once in a family room and this time in a small single as I was on a solo trip.

The hotel clearly states that the room is small, I was on my own for 2 nights so wasn't concerned with an overly fancy room as I would be spending very little time in it. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the size of the room. It has a single bed with two shelves at the bedside, a small dressing table, mirror and stool, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, wardrobe with a fridge, safe, shelves and small amount of hanging space, ensuite with shower, air conditioning(easy to operate). There was place on the floor to lie my small suitcase out.

As with previous stays I had the breakfast both mornings at £7. Good continental selection as before. There are cafe's and small supermarkets on Bayswater road that you could easily buy breakfast items from, but this suited me fine as I could eat quickly and then head off out. Breakfast starts at 7am and I think finishes at 10am (?).

The room was spotless on arrival and housekeeping service provided each day. Toiletries are provided and replenished each day.

The room was comfortable for a couple of nights. I think it would be ok for one person for up to 3 or 4 nights but if you were staying any longer, it would probably be better to have a bigger room. I got a non refundable rate of just over £170 for a Sunday and Monday night which I was more than happy with.

The only think that I feel lets the hotel down is that the reception staff are not the friendliest, but I only dealt with them on check in and check out. They also need to invest in some decent pillows!

The hotel is close to Bayswater and Queensway tube stations and a 5 minute walk to Kensington Gardens. I felt safe walking around on my own and Bayswater road is busy at all times of day. The hotel was quiet though.

Queensway tube station still only has one lift in operation (was also like this last July) so prepare yourself for a wait for the lift at times or walk up the 123 stairs! (did this several times!)

I will definitely return to this hotel again - reasonably priced, good area, clean and comfortable - what more do you need unless you are staying for a considerable amount of time?!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Elljay01
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you very much for your nice and detailed review. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed another stay with us and that you were happy again with the cleanliness, location, services and the room/ hotel itself. However, I regret to read that you were not happy with our staff that is always nice, helpful and trained properly. However, I hope that you will be able to meet our receptionists again. We wish to see you back to London House Hotel soon. Kind regards.
Be'er sheva, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our room was made daily.
the room faced a small quite park.
Location is close to the tube (Bayswater and Quieensway), to bus stops, London city bicycle rental and to the Hyde park, we bought some supplies every morning and went to the Hyde park for breakfast!
The room had both heating and A/C, we kept our window open all week long and got some great fresh air.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the garden.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amirber
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Clean, comfortable room, with AC, wifi, and good mattresses all for an affordable price. On a quiet street, but easy access to the Circle Line (Bayswater Tube) or the Central Line (Queensway Tube stop). First time staying in this part of London, but we'd return to the London House Hotel again. Also within walking distance of Paddington Station for easy access to transport to/from Heathrow.

Room Tip: We had a room in the basement, but not near the breakfast room. Very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kchatelaine
Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us taking for consideration our location, facilities, cleanliness and prices! We would love to see you back to London House Hotel, so please contact us directly for the most competitive offers. Kindest regards.
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My friend and I stayed here 3 nights after a cruise to Norway, and we really liked the hotel. Thought the price was quite reasonable compared to most other choices in London, and we were very comfortable here. The room was small, but very clean, the beds were comfy, and they had free wifi, which is always a great perk! Would stay here again the next time I travel to London

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank dawnskers
Stavanger
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is refurbished, and both the reception AND the rooms looks very nice and clean. The rooms are a bit small, but it is ok. You are supposed to sleep in your room, and the beds are pretty good. The best hotel bathroom I´ve experienced in London hotels except big high rated hotels.

We had two doublerooms with backyard view. No view though, but quiet area. Close to Bayswater Underground station, a lot of restaurants and shops nearby.

Excellent value for money!

Room Tip: Quiet street on both sides. We chose backyard "view". Satisfied with that.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Stavanger99
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with your rooms booked and with our hotel itself. I am very happy that our standards at affordable prices are being appreciated and we keep doing our best to satisfy every single guest. Please feel free to contact us directly for the most competitive prices! Look forward to seeing you back again soon. Warm regards.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed for eight nights and every thing was perfect. The location is top-notch, and the room was great -- go with the double room for a little extra space, it is worth it. Now, the staff ... Top-notch, ten stars all the way! Everyone was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and went beyond the call of duty to make my stay, and navigation through the country and its public transportation, the most pleasurable experiences. I will stay there again, and again ..... **********

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Steve S
Thank you very much for your lovely review! I am glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay at London House and that we haven’t disappointed you in any way. This is very important to us that our guests are happy to stay with us and we do our best to satisfy every individual guest of ours. Please contact us directly in the future for best competitive prices as we wish to welcome you at London House again! Best regards.