“It just gets worse and worse...”

Point West Apartments by Crown Lawn
Ranked #177 of 871 Speciality Lodging in London
Bangkok
“It just gets worse and worse...”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Despite having paid the deposit for well over 4 months in advance, we were told 3 days before our arrival date that the Point West apartment that we booked was no longer available and we simply had to move to an apartment in Mayfair instead. It was either take it or leave it. With only limited time available before our travelling, the obvious choice was to take it.

Upon arrival at the Mayfair apartment, we found the condition of the Mayfair apartment to be filthy - drawers were filled with someone else's cloths, hair balls on the floor, dishes left in the dish washer, old stocking left lying under the chair etc...

We have used Crawn Lawn many times in the past and this was the most disappointing and a major let down. Never again....

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VNC11
Angela W, Manager at Point West Apartments by Crown Lawn, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Client,
Thank you for your review and we were also disappointed that we had to re allocate you to our sister property in Mayfair.
However as per our terms and conditions we do state that if we cannot accommodate a guest for any reason we will offer you an upgrade which as you can appreciate the area of Mayfair is.
The drawer of 'left property' was simply extra linen and toiletries for your use, however many apologies on the other issues that you came across, our housekeeper would have been only too happy to remove these.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Singapore
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Our family of four stayed there for a week in the summer.

The good
Location - Very close to two tube stations and right next to the supermarket, Sainsbury.
Apartment size - We had a two bedroom apartment with one bed and bath on the lower level and another bed, bath, kitchen and living area on the upper level. There was plenty of space for the 4 of us.
The not so good
Everything in the apartment is tired and worn out. The sofas were torn and the place was not very clean when we checked in.
No cleaning service for the duration of our stay.

The place seemed like a bit of a let down when we checked in(especially compared to other serviced apartments we had stayed in) but the location was so good that we would probably stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review, we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Housekeeping is provided on a weekly basis as per our terms and conditions however we will certainly look at the housekeeping service provided prior to your stay.
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed a week on the seventh floor and had mixed feelings about the apartment. First the good points:
* Very spacious for London, the bedrooms are not huge, and the second bedroom's wardrobe is taken up with the hot water tank, however the lounge, dining and kitchen areas are very large and roomy. Perfect for a family of four to lounge around and eat in. Kitchen is reasonably well appointed, with hot plate, microwave and oven, good sized fridge and collection of cutlery, crockery, dishwasher etc. The kitchen also has a washing machine/ dryer unit but our machine had an annoying screech sound on the drying setting.
* Location for access to district and circle line is great, few minutes walk to the Tube and good service available, one stop to South Kensington gave more connections
* Sainsburys shop next door, turn right out of reception along the train line, and it a well stocked supermarket, bank machines available. There is also a Waitrose next to the tube.
* Lots of restaurant choices, we loved the Thai Taste down the road and easy access to High St Kensington
Now the not so great points, at least in summer
* The apartment has heating but no air conditioning and only one pedestal fan in one room. We had trouble sleeping because the rooms were so hot. Windows could be opened but the train noise is very loud as the building is basically on a train line
* our hot water pressure was very low, showers were short because the water flow was low, and temperature control was very sensitive
* The noise from the trains is constant, but fine when the windows are shut

Overall I would stay here again, but only in winter or colder weather, not in summer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Client,
Thank you so much for your feedback.
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Point West Apartment Hotel during 21 May to 2 June 2014. Last May, we stayed there and we really enjoyed. So we booked again this year.

Room is nice and clean, location is the best, many transport access, and 3 local supermarkets (Sainsbury's is just next door, Waitorose is just next to tube station, and mini Tesco is in front of tube station). If you need to stay in Central London for longer period, we do recommend Point West Apartment. As we fly to London in May every year, this place is really good as our home in London.

One thing we do not like is, the fare is VERY expensive. We stayed 1 bed room apt last year too, but the room rate of this year has risen up! If it rise up again, we cannot afford it next year. Please consider my proposal!

Room Tip: maybe you should request; room with carpet, quiet side (Sainsbury's side, not front of tube rail...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Client,
Thank you for your feedback, we 're delighted that you enjoy your stay we will take your points into consideration.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed in a very comfortable 2 bedroom apartment. Husband was doing the London Marathon so we booked for 3 nights. Apartment was very spacious and well equipped. Very close to the underground and Sainsburys right outside. We had no issues with the reception staff. We also called 20 mins before we arrived and Phillipe greeted us with our keys. Very helpful showed us to our apartment . The apartment was exactly as described to us and the images in the email we received were accurate.
We did call as we had no remote for the tv and one was brought up very promptly. Would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle M
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Point West.
We're delighted that you enjoyed your time.
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here and i must say that, for those of us that are self sufficient, there is no issue with whether the front desk staff are helpful or not.

The apartment is HUGE, i mean really roomy, the kitchen is very well equipped and the bedroom is spacious and comfortable. Gloucester Road tube station is across the road, as is Waitrose. David Lloyd gym isnt the greatest, but there is a very decent Sainsburys store.

My only real criticism is the back entrance, which you might have to use if you live in a certain part of the building. There is also a good selection of restaurants in and around nearby. I didnt get a chance to explore but i saw that the museums etc are literally a few minutes walk away.

I would stay again

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thanks so much for your feedback, we're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The worst experience I had ever!!! I stayed there with my boyfriend and a friend in two bedrooms apartment. One day, my boyfriend went out first for work, so I went out afterwards. I left the room keys in the reception and tell the receptionist that is for my bf (of cos, I mentioned his name) in case he come back earlier than me. At the end, we went back all together, were asking our room key from the reception, she couldn't find it and call the manager (Philip) , and the result is that Philip took the key back his home (that's so ridiculous, and more yet to come) and this apartment do not have a spare key. So we have to wait for our friend to come to open the door. Philip promised that he will bring the key to the reception 9am next morning.

AND next morning 9am, my bf went to the reception to pick up the key, and of cos no key yet. So i went there at 930am,no key again, i was angry, so was asking the receptionist to call philip,and the receptionist told me she was not authorised to call him, so i asked for his number, and she gave me. Thats funny that she couldnt help me to call him but could give me his number. So I called him immediately, he was in this apartment just didnt leave the key in the reception. He came to the reception and pass me the key. And Now I know why he didnt leave the key in the reception. He kept blaming me that I didn't write a paper and stick to the key. I was telling him that I told the receptionist the key is for my bf, but he said that is common sense to write a paper to mention this key is for whom! He was trying interperting that i don't have common sense. And when i was arguing with him, he was being so ironic, asked me whether i understand english (i was arguing with him in english, i m confident to say my english is 100% fine, i stayed in London for 4 years) He is sooooooo ridiculous!!!!! Never met a person can be that ridiculous!!!!

And btw, my bf got a parcel, but no one inform him until the sender told him. And the room size is super small, there is no space for me to open my suitcase!!!! They put so many things in your carbinet, there is not enough space for you!! The cleaning lady came once a week, and very very quick!!! Don't think the room is clean and the floor (carpet) is quite dirty as well, I have to wear slipper all the time. And if you wanna use their gym, u have to pay, i dont rmb the exact amount, bu for sure not cheap

Never recommend this apartment for anyone unless he or she is your emergy!

Room Tip: DON'T pick this apartment
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank tiffany w
Dear client,
Thank you for your feedback for your stay with us in January.
As advised in your check in instructions that includes all of our contact numbers the main reception staff in the building are not employed by Crown Lawn and any assistance will not be given.
A key handed in at reception will simply be handed back to our Duty Manger for return.
As per our terms and conditions housekeeping is on a weekly basis and there is no mention of the gym being included in the use of the apartment.
We would have been more than happy to recommend a gym nearby for you during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels