“Convenient location London, South Kensington”
Review of 54 Boutique Hotel

54 Boutique Hotel
Ranked #548 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 July 2014

54 Boutique Hotel is located near the corner of Cromwell Road and Queens Gate, a few minutes walk from the South Kensington Underground. The Natural History Museum is across the street.
The hotel is on several levels and has rooms on ground level as well. My initial room was on the ground level had no view and was very small. There was a problem with securing the window facing the garden and I was given another room on the first floor without any trouble at all. I would avoid the ground level rooms if possible. The staff was very pleasant and friendly, and based on my experience, very accommodating. The wifi is free and worked well. The bathrooms were somewhat dated but the shower had great pressure and worked well. I did not have breakfast so I can not comment on quality. In sum, 54 Boutique Hotel is a friendly, convenient place for a London get away weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric H
54manager, General Manager at 54 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your Kind review regards James Menhinick

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great location (nearby 3 Tube lines), nearby Natural History Museum and Kensington Park.
Very good twin double deluxe room, excellent service (reception, breakfast and room service).
Thank you for the nice stay in your hotel. We would definitly recommend your hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Double Room delux, had in our case a little terrace. Very nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
54manager, General Manager at 54 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much hope to welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards James Menhinick

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good and peaceful location, easy to reach directly from Heathrow by Piccadilly Line to South Kensington, also the Gloucester Road station near. Friendly staff, nice rooms (deluxe rooms) and good beds, worth of every penny... :) Only minus thing was that the elevator does not go to upper floors and you must climb the stairs, as we had the room on the fourth floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. The lift does seem to be a bit of an issue but in these old London townhouse buildings we are a little restricted with lift size and height. we try our best to offer all the help we can with things like luggage but it is an item I can't change unfortunately. I am glad though that apart from that you had a good stay. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon. Kind regards James Menhinick

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Middle of road hotel, looks great on the web, in person it's a strange place, poor communication from staff, terrible breakfast, even worse coffee, room was ok, not what I would say delux??
nothing I would say stood out, would not stay again, premier inn is nicer, or holiday inn, it just is soulless.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Staticlovers

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We always try our best to make stays enjoyable. I do hope we might get the chance to welcome you back again so you can have a better experience. Kind regards James Menhinick

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I read a lot of reviews here and noticed the older ones were hateful, but more recent ones were good, so I gave the place the benefit of the doubt as my usual haunt, The Knightsbridge Hotel was a bit pricey due to Wimbleton.

We had 2 double rooms from 6/22/14-6/25/14

Great location. Super close to the park, which made our daily walks easy.
They gave us free breakfast. It was pretty normal stuff. hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt etc.
Rooms were a little small, but not a big deal. TV on the wall looked like a laptop screen but clear picture.

Bathroom was fine.

Everything was clean.

The elevator is teenie tiny and I would LOVE to see the maximum 4 people fit in it.
Lets just say that even two people could accidentally make a baby in there.

We had to wait until noon to get one room and 4pm to get the other. Not so much fun when u land at 730am from the USA.

The current staff were fabulous and friendly, especially the late manager, Mohammed.

I felt it was great value for the money and a nice place to stay.

I would have no problem going back.

Room Tip: I requested no basement.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I can happily confirm that as of yet no babies have resulted form a trip in our lift! It is I admit a small lift but in these old buildings that's all we can fit. I am happy that the staff looked after you well and that your stay was a good one. I do hope we can welcome you back in the future when you come back to the UK. Kind regards James Menhinick

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great location, near the park and near the South Kensington Tube stop and all of the restaurants and pubs. Service is great, unobtrusive but very helpful. Rooms are clean, quiet and spacious. I love coming back here.....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your great review. I am very happy to see you love the place and we hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards
James Menhinick

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visited London for a short break and stayed in the hotel for three nights. Arrived to check-in and were immediately upgraded to a room with a balcony, which was great, particularly as it was quite warm in London while we were there. The staff were efficient and friendly at all times. The location is excellent, right next to the Natural History Museum and just a short walk from the Science Museum and other attractions.

We didn't eat in the hotel, preferring to use local cafes and restaurants (of which there are plenty), so I can't comment on the quality of food.

The hotel was very clean and tidy, although the room cleaning staff seem to have a habit of moving personal belongings around the room, which resulted in a brief panic when we couldn't find something at one point. Eventually found it, though, just not where we left it.

Would happily recommend this hotel to family or friends if they were coming to London.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am glad that you had a nice stay. Reading your comments we have had a word with our housekeeping team as they sometimes move items in order to clean and sometimes may not replace the item in its place. we have instructed them to make sure that items always be put back in their place once the room is clean so hopefully that has resolved that small issue. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards