“Great service”

Neighbourhood: City of London
Lincolnshire
“Great service”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stopped here for an afternoon snack after a busy day sightseeing in London.

The gentleman behind the bar, was extrememly friendly, efficient and helpful.
We ordered our food, but I was told that my choice was unavailable. He was extremely apologetic about this. It really wasn't a problem, I just chose an alternative.
Our food arrived shortly afterwards.

During the meal the waiter turned up with my original order. He said that he had been out to fetch one for me!!
Not only had he gone to the trouble of fetching me my chosen meal, he didn't charge us for it either!

I don't think I have ever experienced such kind service.

• Visited October 2013

Sayulita, Mexico
“Got it wrong twice”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had been walking all day and after finishing at the British Museum were ready for some authentic fare. There was a sign outside of this restaurant saying they had authentic fish and chips. The waitress took our order and brought drinks fairly quickly. The food took a long time. When our order arrived the fish was almost cold. We sent the plates back. When the food came again the french fries had been "double bagged" (cooked again to warm them up) but they were almost cold and the fish looked like they had stuck it in the microwave. We asked for the manager, explained the problem, and he took the food off the bill. We left rather than order more food.

• Visited September 2013
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Sunday night supper”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We were staying in the area and took a chance on this local pub. It's a typical London pub and has a good selection of beers. We ordered fish and chips which took over 30 minutes to arrive which is a rediculous amount of time considering how quiet the pub was on this Sunday evening. When it arrived, the fish and chips were luke warm. The batter was very dark and the fish very dry, a sure sign of over cooking. Overall a very disapointing experience and rather embarressing when you conside that there were some tourists in the pub. Welcome to London! I would not recommend this to anyone.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Ye Olde London, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear brodie1957, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Taylor Walker
San Francisco, California
“Avoid this place”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Don't eat here; search further, and possibly you will find something better in this general
neighborhood. Service was rude (waiter was Russian) and food just OK. Piped-in juke box
stuff was so loud that conversation was impossible.

• Visited July 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Ye Olde London, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Richard D,

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Ye Olde London who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board.

We do hope to see you soon in Ye Olde London soon.

Kind regards,

Taylor Walker
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Nice big open plan pub with plenty of tables to eat at. Really nice that they did vegetarian fish and chips! This was lightly battered halloumi cheese and was very tasty. Service quick.

Visited July 2013