“Absolutely fantastic!”

Cuisines: British
Neighbourhood: City of London
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went there with a couple of friends from work tonight and had dinner and a couple of drinks. I just had to come on here and let everyone know what a wonderful place it is!

As soon as you walk through the door the atmosphere is great. The staff were really attentive and friendly which made it for an even more enjoyable evening!
The place has that wonderful charm and a lovely clean environment. We ordered our drinks and that was the hardest part as they have an amazing array to offer! We ordered our food, when it arrived it was succulent and perfectly cooked, we all got our food simultaneously which certainly made our wonderful evening.
And oh my god Elton was incredible in ensuring everyone was taken care off and ensuring our food was ok and that we had enough drinks.
He made sure he came over at the right time when we needed refills and constantly with that wonderful smile on! that is one man that is certainly enjoying his job.

We all had a wonderful evening. Thoroughly enjoyed the selection of drinks on offer, the wonderful food and the lovely staff that nothing is ever too much for them! We will certainly be coming back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Ye Olde London

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Ye Olde London serves a particular purpose and it really depends what kind of evening you're looking for. If it's gastro culinary excellence you seek, perhaps your search doesn't end here. If it's drunken debauchery Jagerbomb style you crave, maybe look elsewhere. However, if you just want to have a few pints and a quiet conversation with your mate/significant other, this place is really not that bad.

It doesn't get busy in the weekend, so you'll always get a table. There's no queue at the bar, so you don't have wait for your drinks. There is no loud music, so no need to scream. Furthermore, seating is good and the atmosphere is quite authentic.

Service wise, the bar staff is rather indifferent. They're not necessarily unfriendly, but they also won't go to great lengths to make you feel welcome. I don't really mind though as I only come here when I want to be left alone and spend time with the person I'm with.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Ye Olde London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear EelkeR, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not the experience you were expecting. Your comments have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team. Kind Regards, Taylor Walker

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stopped here for an afternoon snack after a busy day sightseeing in London.

The gentleman behind the bar, was extrememly friendly, efficient and helpful.
We ordered our food, but I was told that my choice was unavailable. He was extremely apologetic about this. It really wasn't a problem, I just chose an alternative.
Our food arrived shortly afterwards.

During the meal the waiter turned up with my original order. He said that he had been out to fetch one for me!!
Not only had he gone to the trouble of fetching me my chosen meal, he didn't charge us for it either!

I don't think I have ever experienced such kind service.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had been walking all day and after finishing at the British Museum were ready for some authentic fare. There was a sign outside of this restaurant saying they had authentic fish and chips. The waitress took our order and brought drinks fairly quickly. The food took a long time. When our order arrived the fish was almost cold. We sent the plates back. When the food came again the french fries had been "double bagged" (cooked again to warm them up) but they were almost cold and the fish looked like they had stuck it in the microwave. We asked for the manager, explained the problem, and he took the food off the bill. We left rather than order more food.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We were staying in the area and took a chance on this local pub. It's a typical London pub and has a good selection of beers. We ordered fish and chips which took over 30 minutes to arrive which is a rediculous amount of time considering how quiet the pub was on this Sunday evening. When it arrived, the fish and chips were luke warm. The batter was very dark and the fish very dry, a sure sign of over cooking. Overall a very disapointing experience and rather embarressing when you conside that there were some tourists in the pub. Welcome to London! I would not recommend this to anyone.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Ye Olde London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear brodie1957, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Taylor Walker