“Quaint and homely B&B with a good price for the location”

Kings Boutique Hotel
Ranked #358 of 558 London B&B and Inns
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Quaint and homely B&B with a good price for the location”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I really liked this B&B but the room wasn't big enough to swing a cat! We stayed in Catherine. Having said that it was a lovely little room with elegant and modern decor. The bathroom was TINY. The bed is big and soft and I had a good nights sleep although it was rather hot and we couldn't appear to open the window. It is really hard to fill a kettle from the tap but you can use the glasses provided (a tip from another reviewer!). They provide nice tea and coffee and free bottle water and the pub does really nice food with good service. It's a lovely location as well just round the corner from Hampstead tube. Unfortunately parking is limited and expensive. I would stay here again but only if I could try one of the other rooms.

Room Tip: If you don't mind being 'cosey' try the Catherine but otherwise anything but :)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Taunton UK
Reviewed 29 April 2012

we arrived before check in time but were greeted with a "not a problem" kind of attitude, we had a quick drink and the room was made up for us.
We stayed in the smaller of the 3 rooms (without the balcony), the room was of a good standard. The bed, as mentioned in other reviews, was fabulous. there is plenty of tea/coffee etc and also complimentary shower gels/shampoo etc. The decor was good. all in all we had a pleasent nights stay and would return.
The rooms are above a pub, but we were not disturbed by other customers and were free to come and go with keys to the main door. the pub seems to be a friendly local with a good mix of punters. They do food, it looked reasonable but we didnt try any.
It is room only, but there are plenty of cafe nearby for brekki. we tried the Coffee Cup next door but one, it was okay, but not much to shout about.
It is 100m from Hampstead tube (Northern Line) and there are bus stops opposite, so you can get into the centre quickly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lippers73
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed here because I was in London for a work conference and this 'hotel' is near a relative. Unfortunately to call this a hotel is inaccurate - it is actually some rooms above the pub, the living space there shared with some more permanent residents. There was very little in the way of welcome, I was shown to the room, given the room key and that was it. I asked, before going in, if there were coffee making facilities in the room and was told 'I don't know' - then the barman left. My main concern was that I was alone - I was not offered a key to enter the premises late or given any number to contact someone should I need anything. the door to the rooms from the public bar was never locked. When I came down in the morning the place was in darkness and despite calling Hello loudly a few times, up and downstairs, no one was about. I initially was unsure how to leave the place, thinking I was locked in - had I wanted to go out for breakfast (it is room only) I could not have got in again. A totally unwelcoming and un-looked after experience. The room was reasonable, bed was comfortable but the basin was so small the only way to fill the kettle was by using the cup to pour water into it, the only electrical socket sported a multisocket on the floor behind the chair and the door, with the brass plate falling off only stayed closed if it was actually locked. The balcony was dirty with old cigarette butts on it. There was no information including safety/contact information or phone in the room - this is very poor value. It is simply a room upstairs. We had previously booked two rooms for later in the year but have now cancelled them.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Travelincomfort5
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This was mine and my girlfriends first stay in a hotel/room/B&B in London. Fearing that we'd be ripped off, and receive a less than personal service, we wanted to avoid a hotel. Instead we looked for a nice room, at a good price, and how lucky we were to have discovered this place.

The Boutique Hotel is situated literally three or four minutes from the tube station. When we walked through the door into the pub, we were greeted by a wonderful member of staff who offered us drinks and saw to it that we were shown to our rooms. I know this sounds like not a lot, but that service with a smile is the difference between a nice place and a bad one. We were immediately at home.

As for our room, it was wonderful. Lovely decor, lovely bathroom, and the bed was by far the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. The room size is also good considering the premium cost of space in England's capital.

At night time you can come back into the pub (which already feels like your home) with a key you are given, so no worries for getting locked out.

If you've got any reservations about staying in a hotel linked to a pub, drop them now and snatch up this room. It's excellent value, and I would definitely stay again. I wish the Kings Boutique Hotel all the luck for the future, you can expect to see us again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple