“Disgusting and dirty”

Ranked #1,033 of 1,067 Hotels in London
montreal
“Disgusting and dirty”
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I've stayed at some budget hotels in my time but nothing as disgusting as this place. Tiny tiny room which still cost 40 pounds a night, filthy carpets covered with patches of other filthy carpets and smelly *bloodstained* covers on the bed.
The creepy guy at the front desk took some kind of liking to me because he showed up at my door 5 times in one night with offers to chat or eat expired pudding cups he had bought me from the fridge. The last time he knocked on my door it was almost 1 am and I was so paranoid staying even one night that I piled all my luggage in front of the door so that no one could get in.
Do not go here! There are tons of other hotels on the same street that actually cost less and are WAY better.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank krushvillis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
USA
Reviewed 15 July 2007

I truly am a very easy going traveler and have stayed in all types of places and never, ever been treated as badly or stayed in a place as bad and rude as this.
The front desk man was extremely rude and basically threw a room key at me when I came in. It ends up he gave me the keys to the wrong room and so when I arrived that evening to go to bed was told I had to pack up all my things and move immediately to another room, was told I would be given a discount for my troubles and then they played dumb when I was checking out.
On top of that you leave your room keys with them and when I came and went I constantly was being given wrong keys which made going up and down from reception and being looked at like I was a nuisance when it was their error every time. On top of that bathroom was dirty, the maid decided to empty a plastic bag I had in the room with my stuff in it and use it as a trash bag and leave it for me, and a window was left open by the maid so bugs were in there from the trash cans outside my window.

Basically probably one of the worst experiences in a hotel ever. I like to usually expect no high level of luxury with getting a hotel so cheap in london but truly i would ward anyone thinking of this place to stay away its not worth any of your money.

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank VisitingUSAstudent

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed 1 January 2005

I recently stayed there myself. This place is a total scam, I cant believe anyone could post a positive review of this establishment. It was filthy, the toilet was broken and the shower didnt work. I had to pay in advance and couldnt get my money back, I left anyways.

• Stayed January 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 11 November 2004

I saw the photos and thought it looked lovely, as I really wanted to spend less money this time. It was horrible, horrible. The toilet didn't work, the sink was stuck, there was no cold water as the hane was stuck, it was dirty everywhere, they demanded two nights pay in advance, and an additional 5 pounds for a horrible breakfast.

9 Thank Jannike
Reviewed 3 November 2004

after staying in this hotel from 21st to 25th of october i have to subscribe to the view of the other reviewers - a terrible hotel - NEVER AGAIN we knew that it was a budget accomodation, so we accepted lot of things: very small and dirty rooms, thin walls, toilet was working sometimes, bathroom less than 1m2, breakfast was very poor

the last night we stayed there water was coming through the roof and this was too much
when we complained they told us to be quiet - otherwise they will call the police!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Graz, Austria
Reviewed 2 November 2004

* dirty rooms
* tiny rooms
* thin walls
* toilet was working sometimes
* the breakfast was a joke
* water was coming through the roof
* when we complained about the bad situation - after a lenghty discussion, where i started to take some photos, we where threatened with police

NEVER AGAIN!

6 Thank Mango
Reviewed 13 August 2004

This hotel was clean, comfortable with bright rooms and friendly staff. We stayed at this hotel in room 4, a twin ensuite a few months ago and also in Summer 2003 in a double ensuite and loved it. We are planning another trip to London next year and will be booking in advance here. Great budget hotel with fabulous room rates!!!
It has a lovely kitchenette available for guest use 24 hours and feels like home away from home...........:)

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member