“Horrible, don't stay there!”

Regency Court Hotel
Ranked #1,034 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Horrible, don't stay there!”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed there one night in a single room with its own bathroom. The size of this room is smaller than any other London hotel rooms in the Earl's Court area that I have stayed in. Open the door and it is the bed. The dresser and the side table are probably from a few centuries ago. The bathroom was not properly lit, tiny wash basin and scary-looking shower.

On the same level, I found out there are other rooms with no in-suite bathrooms, hence throughout the night, I heard the door slamming (people going to the toilet).

I should have listened to other travelers' warnings to NOT STAY THERE!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank skiwithus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I was in London on a booze filled stag weekend and still could not tolerate this place. When we arrived there was 2 men sitting on the front step drinking beer, One of the men asked us for money on the way in.

When we got to reception we were met by a rude man who made us wait 30 minutes to check in while he was on the phone.

The carpets were disgusting and covered in dust and the hallways filled with what looked like building waste (although i doubt any repair work has happen there this decade). The bedroom was filthy with dirty sheets and a filthy en-suite, the toilet was moldy and there was no toilet paper provided. We are also positive somebody entered our room while we were out as you have to leave the keys at reception but it certainly was not a maid as there is no way on earth the room was cleaned

When we arrived back at about 2-30AM we were locked out and had to wait until almost 4AM to gain access.

Even though we left after one night we were still charged €560 for 2 nights between 4 people and our alternative accommodation a 4 star jury's inn only cost £25 each per night. NEVER STAY HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH OR WANT TO HAVE FUN.

Room Tip: plenty of other better and cheaper hotels in the location
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank ciaran1988

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Agios Nikolaos, Greece
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Rooms are small, service is terrible, and the quoted free wifi does not work and they charge you less if you just turn than if you book through a travel site.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Anna_C119
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I regretted not reading the reviews before going to this hotel.

I paid 100 pounds for 2 nights.

I'm fine with the tiny room. However, the sink was falling apart. The floor squeaked when I stepped on it.

The woman at the reception was rude. When I asked for the WIFI password, she ignored me and carried on chatting on the phone. I waited at the reception till she was done and she gave me a piece of paper with the password and asked me to "sort it out" myself. By the way, it was the wrong password.

She told me off when I looked at the brochures in front of the reception. She said "Hey, I'm talking to you, give me the room keys before you go out!"

This hotel may be a short walk away from the tube but there are many more around the area.

I've stayed in other hotels in London and I could get other cheaper and better options.

Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Emmefong
Lecce
Reviewed 22 July 2011

As a young man coming from a hostel, I didn't want to get into a Ritz Hotel. So I was glad to find good and friendly people at the reception, a room enough clean and a good shower and toilet. It was easy to reach the underground station and the bus stops, so my permanence in London was quiet and productive. I'm sure most of the people here complaining will go on it, even at Ritz.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank LecceFabio
California
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Located a short walk from Earl's Court underground. The rooms are very small and the beds are not comfortable. The bathroom was obviously not cleaned before we checked in - there was a used shampoo packet and a hair rubber band on the ground. The worst part, however, was that we returned from a play in the West End to get in and the front door was locked. The key doesn't open the front door, just the room. I had to ring the bell and wake up the hotel "landlord" (there is no real front desk) to let us in. How much does it really cost to change the lock on the front door? Of course there is no elevator...and it's close enough to the station that you can hear the trains.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank tsarkoye
Pexy, Manager at Regency Court Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2011
Thank you for your comments.
We are proud to say that our beds are under 1 year old. They are custom made for us by a company in Scotland. We apologise for the cleanliness issue; our maid is new and undergoing training; this will be addressed. The hotel is a small property and hence has no lift. We appreciate you were on the first floor but the stairs access to all floors is mentioned on our web site.
For guest security, the front door is locked at night. We actively encourage guests to ring the door bell as although the front desk may not be manned, rest-assured someone is on site to open the door. Surely ringing a door bell is not too inconvenient?
Dorset
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Two nights were quite enough. The room we were in was very small the only extra apart from the bedding was one small towel between two and liquid soap in the bijou ensuite.
Our credit card was whisked away which still worries us although the bill was OK. There was a TV in the room precariously placed and with reception so poor you couldn't watch it. (Hasn't London gone digital yet?)
I was glad we travelled light as there was so little space and I wouldn't want to carry a heavy case up the steep stairs.
When I enquired about the tea and coffee I was directed to a small kitchen & told to help myself. One look was enough, we decided to forego the coffee!
The only plus was the location, close to Earls Court underground and within easy walking distance of the Museums. I was glad they didn't provide breakfast as the places nearby were very good and well priced so we didn't have to spend much time there.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business