Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot
  • Pool
US$177
US$160
  • Restaurant
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$217
US$188
galahotels.com
4,175 results
All reviewsclose to kings cross stationshort staytea and coffeeeustontube
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I chose the Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot as part of a package made available through American Airlines. While the price was fair, I have serious reservations about this property. Before I get into those reservations, let me make it clear up front that I thought the staff at the Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot were fantastic, friendly, personable, and helpful. And, while the hotel is not directly across the street from Kings Cross/St Pancras, the walk from Kings Cross/St Pancras to the hotel is all of 8-10 minutes through what seemed to me to be a relatively safe area of central London. As other reviewers have noted, there was, as far as I could tell, no air conditioning in my room; at times, it was quite stuffy and uncomfortable to be in the room because of the lack of this amenity. Opening the window to let it fresh air helped with the temperature and the stuffiness, but only a little. Unfortunately, opening the window let all of the noise in from the surrounding neighborhood. People outside got very loud at all hours of the day and night (or so it seemed to me). And, while I'm on the subject of noise, inside the hotel itself was little better. The biggest issue I had was, at all hours of the day and night (again), people were slamming the doors to get in and out of their rooms -- and, were clearly audible partying and otherwise raising a ruckus given the paper thin walls separating the rooms. The décor was okay, but in serious need of a refresh. The desk console in my room was missing one of the drawers entirely and there were no end tables on either side of the bed. As far as the bathroom is concerned, the towels always smelled to me as if they had been burnt instead of cleaned; and the shower pipes let off a ghastly moaning sound every time the shower was turned on for use. Based on my experiences, I cannot recommend staying at this property in London and I will go out of my way to avoid it the next time I'm in the U.K.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I'd seen bad reviews for this place but generally like to make up my mind myself,I found the room clean,tidy and a nice tv,bathroom was excellent and clean and the staff friendly and very helpful,I know this place has had a makeover recently but I had no complaints and loved my stay and would recommend to all as such a good value for money

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff are 1st class, the rooms were spotless and in a great position to sight-see London with Kings Cross nearby. We will definitely be back, I am disabled and the staff were extremely helpful. 5*

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Penny B
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Convenient location, easy to find, close to station and facilities. Hotel is a little bit dated inside - corridor paintwork could do with cheering up a bit. On arrival having booked a twin room as travelling with a work colleague I was concerned to be told that there were none available and asked if I would mind sharing a double bed (with my boss!!!). When I said this was not acceptable, the receptionist did not hesitate in offering us two double rooms so all good in the end. The beds were lovely, very comfortable but there are no bedside cabinets or shelves which would have been useful. Plenty of storage in the room and spacious. Bathroom clean but shower needing fiddling around to get the right temp and made a lot of noise as did adjoining room. All things considered, you get what you pay for, if you want five star luxury, pay five star prices. This hotel was excellent value for money and provided a great base for a 2 night stay. Would recommend for short stays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is not at kings cross as advertised and I would not recommend this hotel to women who are travelling alone at night. There are run down shops and groups of youths with dogs on the route to the hotel from Euston or kings cross. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I was lucky having been given " one of the few rooms with air conditioning "according to the nice man on reception. The food was terrible, I was given a bacon roll that had obviously microwaved for far too long. The staff were lovely and very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a 6th floor room they have air conditioning.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business