“Customer service excellent”

Ranked #856 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Customer service excellent”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My friend and I stayed here recently for our trip to London for Wimbledon. The rooms were clean, surprisingly quiet and the location convenient. This is where my review gets tricky though..... On the second morning we went into the bathroom and discovered what appeared to be a cockroach, both myself and my friend were not brave enough to tackle it however so we went to reception to get help. Now this is the good bit, not only were they genuinely shocked by this but they immediately gave us another room to use the bathroom (we were checking out that day else I am sure they would have relocated us anyway) but upon check our we were actually refunded our stay apologised to profusely, given complimentary breakfast and asked if they could do anything else at all for us! Wow! I have stayed in 5* London hotels and not had this level of customer service! Granted the intruder was not pleasant but we were in London where the problem is rife anyway! I would stay there again without doubt and commend travelodge for this level of customer service from what at the end of the day is a budget chain! Well done and thanks!

Room Tip: Although main road facing as I had was fine I imagine car park facing would be even better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dellbell1973

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Travelodge Kings X for a few days. Eurostar and Paris were the main attractions but this hotel ticked all the boxes for a comfortable if basic hotel, conveniently located for St. Pancras. It was also very reasonably priced with breakfast included. Only a few things were missing, a hair dryer, fridge and minibar and those tiny bars of soap and sachets of shampoo...reception do,have hair dryers however and the staff were exceptionally helpful and polite.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank EileenM443
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It is budget, and you shouldn't expect too much. Bed is comfy, pillows aren't. Our room was a nice size and clean. Shower was awful, unable to regulate temperature and it was dangerously hot! We reported it and later when it was the same we asked and were told it could not be repaired. Offered another room, but evening of last night after a long day and we could not be bothered!
Breakfast was ok, too many people in too small a dining area. Staff looked really fed up!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Charged £10 to book in early would have cost £10 to leave luggage with money not going in till. Arrived before book in time and not due back at hotel until midnight so had no choice. Was told hotel may be full by then and they would have to put me in a different hotel even though I'd booked here so really left with no choice but to book in early and pay £10. Bathroom and bed very small. Breakfast disappointing

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Uk
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Came to watch a show at the O2 which this hotel is excellently located for. Nice open reception and bar area. Room was decent enough size, no opening window but did have AC which was welcome given how hot it was. Traffic noise reduced to low rumble apart from the odd siren. Bed was comfy and pillows good. Bathroom was shower only (not a problem but just saying) and the temperature fluctuated during use.

Overall this is one of the better Tavelodges out there though I see Saturday prices are double that of a Sunday and there is no way I would pay £120 for the room even in London.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for work - one night - Arrived at 5pm and allocated a room - I travelled up 5 floors in an old and very hot lift, to find a dirty and unmade room - No room phone to ring down - Had to travel all the way back to be given a different room, with no real apology. the second room I was allocated on a completely different floor and at the very end of the corridor. Door lock did not work. Had to go back down to get a new card I was assured would work - It was now 6pm. Room had a very noisy basic cheap fan that kept me awake whilst pushing round hot air as the window open 5cm. A very noisy hotel. Breakfast was very basic - Cheap powdered coffee machine, watery orange juice, plastic eggs and tasteless tomatoes. frozen croissants and cheap white bread for toast. Not an appealing item insight. I will be asking work to find a better alternative next time.

Room Tip: not really any advice apart from - Ask for air con
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Having read some very negative comments on this site about the hotel I really wondered if we'd made a mistake by booking it for the night before a Eurostar trip. However, we took note of the positive comments and contacted the hotel prior to our visit to request the room we wanted, and were pleased to get a spacious, quiet and refurbished room overlooking a park. Breakfast the next morning was enjoyable and plentiful, and really set us up for our journey. It's only a short walk from King's Cross/St Pancras too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple