“Poor plumbing, lack of basic facilities” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot

Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot
Ranked #827 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Poor plumbing, lack of basic facilities”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for 2 nights. The first room we were given on the 3rd floor, looked tired and in need of a revamp. On using the toilet, I found it didn't flush. Had to make the long walk to reception as there are no phones in the rooms. Receptionist then moved us to another double room but on the 6th floor. This room the same as the last looked tired. The shower in this room, was scalding hot and didn't drain properly, resulting having to turn it off every 2 minutes to stop the bathroom flooding, couldn't be bothered make the long walk to reception to report this just put up with it. The room was very hot, with the window opening around 5 cm with only a small pedistal fan to blow hot air around. The only toiletry was a face and hand balm, very basic, and overall a disappointing stay, has tarnished travelodge for me and will never stay in one again..

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I use Travelodge often, mostly due to price, location, availability and you know what your getting. The Royal Scot is typical of the chain, basic clean room and well situated. It's a shame that all too often other users fail to respect the wants/needs of others - whether that be late at night or early morning - sign of the times and not really Travelodge's fault.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Galashiels, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've used this particular Travel Lodge many times now. Despite being a very busy hotel the service has always been excellent. The rooms are well maintained, which is more than can be said for the public areas such as corridors and lifts.... These are positively scruffy! Having said that, for London prices this hotel is ideal. A short 7/8 minute walk from Kings Cross stations with a variety of eating establishments in the surrounding area. I can guarantee I will continue to use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Alicante, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I took 3 students for an educational break to London. We had booked a 3 bedded room and a single, months before, but when we got there they said the rooms had been refurbished and now apparently they don't have rooms with 3 beds any more, I was apprehensive because of the ages of the students and the fact that they hadn't let me know before arrival; but they gave us an extra room at no charge for the 5 night stay. I'm not sure we had refurbished rooms, but although small they were clean and well presented. We were not too far from the station and the metro so it was a doddle really. It is very noisy but you are near everything and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.I can't agree with the adverse comments, hair driers and adaptors are available at no charge on request and the restaurant provides a full English breakfast at a good price Great value for money in one of the most expensive cities in the world

Dunfermline, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Booked 6months in advance for a great price at c£50 pn. Great location for hotel, 10 mins walk from Kings Cross. Rooms were good size and clean with nice clean bedding. Could do with aircon as was difficult to sleep due to heat but for that price in London - I ain't complaining!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My friend and I stayed here recently for our trip to London for Wimbledon. The rooms were clean, surprisingly quiet and the location convenient. This is where my review gets tricky though..... On the second morning we went into the bathroom and discovered what appeared to be a cockroach, both myself and my friend were not brave enough to tackle it however so we went to reception to get help. Now this is the good bit, not only were they genuinely shocked by this but they immediately gave us another room to use the bathroom (we were checking out that day else I am sure they would have relocated us anyway) but upon check our we were actually refunded our stay apologised to profusely, given complimentary breakfast and asked if they could do anything else at all for us! Wow! I have stayed in 5* London hotels and not had this level of customer service! Granted the intruder was not pleasant but we were in London where the problem is rife anyway! I would stay there again without doubt and commend travelodge for this level of customer service from what at the end of the day is a budget chain! Well done and thanks!

Room Tip: Although main road facing as I had was fine I imagine car park facing would be even better