Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot
US$258
US$191
Priceline
4,186 results
All reviewsclose to kings cross stationshort staytea and coffeeeustontube
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had had a very bad experiences of a Travelodge many years ago and have been avoiding them ever since. The promise of newly refurbished rooms and style tempted me back to see if the experience had improved.

I did request an air conditioned room as the day was blisteringly hot but was informed that 'they are all taken' despite checking in at 2.30pm as soon as checking-in opened. Hmmm. I then requested a North facing room so that the room hadn't baked all day, but was advised that an East facing room was the best they could do.

The room itself wasn't too bad and at least the reception area was air conditioned. A hot day with no aircon inevitably means that the bedroom windows have to be opened though and in the centre of London with all night street and traffic noise, this inevitably means that you are not going to sleep well. This was not helped by the roadworks jack hammers directly outside although, to be fair, the hotel can't be blamed for that.

Overall this was not a cheap Hotel at £165 per night and the experience fell way short of that price tag. In the final analysis, I shan't be going back in a hurry!

Room Tip: Ask for air conditioning or North facing rooms on a hot day otherwise sleep may be limited!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevskidotcom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just what you come to expect from Travelodge if you are familiar a bed a bathroom tv and somewhere to put your clothing. Not the best area of London but a good room for a reasonable price. Some good food and drink in a safe environment. No air conditioning and on a very warm day just supplied a fan which circulates warm air No net curtains so unless you want people looking in on you sleeping you have to close the curtains which can make it hotter. :( A short walk from Kings Cross Station and Euston Station you just have to follow the road as the directions weren't that clear. Lovely reception welcome and a security guard on duty in the evenings which helps you feel secure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank Georgia A
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great location and excellent value with a short walk from King's Cross!The room was a good size with a large comfy bed. The lack of air conditioning let the room down and £10 to leave bags when checking out seemed slightly excessive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Booked into this hotel as a party of 10 people,for 5 days. our rooms where spread over several floors, so it was not easy to keep together, having to use mobile to say what's what. this. Lodge is quite big and lifts are one end so you may need to walk other end of hotel to room.
NOTE.. If problems walking o disabled please make sure you ask for room,s near lift I have back leg problems room some distance.
also train st., tube good 10 min walk, 15 if walking difficulties.
I had a problem 2ed day going for breakfast, as I turned corner of corridor my foot caught in a raised carpet icy I went forward catching my friend. I went to reception, informed them, the gentleman immediately asked me to show him what happened, he took photos, apologized told me to fill report, had complementary breakfast rest of stay, on returning from trip out carpet had been delt with put safe. plus checking on me to make sure I was ok.
Found everyone caring friendly food was excellent very redo able price.
Go to the hotel again YES.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My son and I stayed here 3 nights in July. Our first room was air conditioned, and due to the heat wave was appreciated. However, reception had failed to look at the booking and gave us a double bed rather than singles. We gladly moved to a twin room as the air conditioning smelled very bad. Unfortunately the next room was at the end of the maze of corridors and had only a desk fan for ventilation. Very run down. But clean enough. Small room. Small bathroom. Breakfast was edible. With a bit of tlc and some ventilation this could be a better hotel. Friendly staff. We did have a continuas problem with our key cards, and where forever getting to the room to find they didn't work. It appears that just being next to your oyster card or phone interfers. My son and I called this hotel "the sweat box". I would not recommend this hotel. Pay a little more for the likes of imperial hotels.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family