Travelodge London Kings Cross Royal Scot
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
4,096 results
All reviewsclose to kings cross stationshort staytea and coffeeeustontube
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Ok, I know you get what you pay for and all that, but cheap should not mean bad service. I stayed for 5 weeks on a business trip.

The positives first - rooms are decent enough, bed is good and clean (except for the pillows - refer below), and the room is generally clean.

The not so positives:

- one night I got into the shower and the shower soap container was empty, so had to shower with no soap.
- the free coffee sachets was almost never replaced, I always had to go ask for more at reception.
- There is either no aircon in the rooms or it doesn't work.
- The pillows are huge, when I asked for a smaller one they simply didn't have any.
- After staying for 5 weeks and spending literally thousands of pounds with them, on the last day I was told that it would cost £10 to leave my luggage for the day, really!!??
- when checking in one Sunday evening after a weekend away, when we got to the room down a flight of stairs with our luggage, the room key just didn't work. So all the way back with all our luggage and standing in the long queue again only to be moved to another room.
- the lifts are absolutely useless. You could wait a good 5 minutes for a lift.

I'm not someone who expects anything fancy, but the above are the basics. This place felt more like a youth hostel than any kind of hotel. again, I know you get what you pay for, but I expect the basics.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hans M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We booked months ago and got a room in a good location close to kings Cross for £40.
The bed was good and comfy.
Yes it was boiling hot. But they had provided a fan.
Yes there were strange noises coming from the room next door.
Yes the plumbing was poor and the toilet didn't flush properly.

But we got exactly what we expected and at that price in central London is was value for money!

I felt sorry for the staff who, when we left were being shouted at by a rude customer as the room was so hot and there was so much noise. You are staying in a cheap hotel in the centre of London in the Summer, what did you expect?

2  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very good hotel in a good location. Staff we're very friendly. I have to say I have now stayed in a few Travelodge hotels and have never been dissapointed. They do exactly what they say, If you need to spend a night in a city and would rather spend your hard earned cash enjoying it rather than spending a fortune on a room you will probably only spend a few waking hours then Travelodge hotels are always a good option. The major downside to this Hotel on this occasion as the main Road and the heat. The room had no Air con which meant wither having the window open or having a very warm room, with the main road outside this meant a lot of noise coming in. However the location does make up for this to a point

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel. Should be quieter than the front
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasonwoodhouse
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When booked far enough in advance the rooms and great value for money. They offer a welcoming and comfortable place to rest your head after a day of exploring the city. Though are very basic, which always suits me as I tend to be off doing something else in the city so I don't need too much entertainment in the hotel.
Beds and pillows have recently been improved and make for a much easier and comfortable nights sleep. Especially as it is now standard to offer two pillows rather than one!

The hotel is also with in walking distance of all main transport links which makes in very easy to get into city and see the sights.

Would recommend as a cheap and cheerful, basic hotel for when you will be off exploring the city.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First impressions it was a lovely hotel near Kings cross, however, first night the noise from outside traffic and the fact there was no air con meant a very poor nights sleep. Moved rooms to quieter area next day and rest of week improved if it wasnt for the fact other guests seemed to think ok to chatter in corridors and bang doors shut. Be Aware- twin rooms do not have air con and in warm weather this is a night mare.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge