“OMG avoid !!!!”
Review of Wedgewood Hotel

Wedgewood Hotel
Ranked #942 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Well, I've been to some dumps in my time but this is the cherry !!! Filthy rooms, paper thin walls and the so called continental breakfast is toast and jam, that's it !!! My advice would be sleep on a park bench, it will be a more pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Horton1968

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable. Attentive staff. Location very good: easy access to buses and the underground (max 3 minutes walk), access to museums through Hyde Park, 15 minute walk. Good variety of restaurants and bars close by as well. Smooth check in and check out, free WiFi log in. Hope to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel and found it to be the most disgusting hotel I've ever been to. Upon settling into bed, pulling back the sheets me and my partner found an insect crawling around on the sheets, disgusting stains and hair on the bed. After two members of staff saw the hair, stains and insect on the bed, we asked for a refund so that we could go elsewhere. Both members of staff denied seeing anything on the bed and refused to give us a refund. Along with being rude to us, shouting at us and talking to each other in another language in front of our faces. They would not contact the manager to authorize a refund and asked us to come back the next day. We have on several occasions contacted management to get our money back and are yet waiting a reply. This hotel and is staff members are a disgrace. I recommend no one to stay at this filthy hotel. It's not worth a single penny. I hope this hotel is shut down by the department of health and the staff members take some serious customer service courses.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank n4498
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Room Tip: A few additions to the room could make a big difference. A mirror would be an asset. Some coat hooks...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Grl50
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel was in a great location and very easy to find from both Queensway and Bayswater stations, only about a 5 minute walk. Outer appearance of the hotel is a bit shabby but once inside it is very pleasant. While the staff were not particularly friendly or smiley, their service was efficient and helpful. Do not take the escalator, walk instead, it is tiny and makes rather unsettling noises. The hallways could do with a bit of a clean but the rooms are good, basic but good. The beds are not particularly comfy but were suitable for the one night that I stayed here. The hotel is budget friendly and you get what you pay for. If I needed to stay in the city overnight again, I would stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here for 1 night and the room was very comfortable. It was clean, quiet and was great value for money. The rooms are a little cosy, but you don't need a massive ammount of space. The wardrobe is a decent size, and the bathroom was good.
The location is very good. It's in a quiet street, within walking distance to portobello Road, Paddington train station, and a few tube stations: Lancaster Gate, Queensway and Bayswater.
There is a shopping centre close by, and the high street with heaps of restaurants is just around the corner.
There is door to door airport transfers if you need it, that can be organised at reception.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a quiet street, so you don't need to worry about noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had recently been given a present by my family as a gift, a two night stay at this hotel for myself and my wife to have a well deserved break. Unfortuantly we were unable to attend as shortly before we left to travel to this hotel my brother in law, who has cancer was diagnosed with secondry cancer of the bones and two days before we were to stay at this hotel he suddenly became paralysed. As my wife is his next of kin and only carer we could not leave him so my son telephoned the hotel in an attempt to postpone our stay until a later date, he was told that he would have to wait until the following Monday to speak to the manager which he did and had a more than negative response from the manager. I then telephoned the manager myself and was met with a disgusting and vile attitude towards this situation and was told by her that I could not rearrange our stay there even on compassionate grounds.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple