“Absolutely awful! Do not stay!!”
Review of Wedgewood Hotel

Wedgewood Hotel
Ranked #943 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Absolutely awful! Do not stay!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

On arrival to the hotel we were rudely met by a less than friendly receptionist who didn't say more than 2 words to us and apparently didn't know how to smile! We then went to the room which is basic, unclean and the bathroom is a converted cupboard, TV with no remote, no signal a window that doesn't lock and dirty bed sheets.. After a few hours we received a phone call from what I can only
assume was the manager being extremely aggressive, telling me that we are not to have guests in the room otherwise he will call the police! Baring in mind we hadn't had any guests. The carpets on the stairs are dangerous I tripped over them numerous times due to them
Lifting and the elevator is not safe. On the day of our departure a member of staff came to our room at 10.30am (check out is 11am) and said "are you leaving today?" To which I replied yes, she then went on to say "can you hurry up and check out".. So after packing our things and heading to check out yet another rude receptionist was there who again wouldn't converse with us, at no point during our stay did we feel welcomed and no one asked us if we enjoyed our stay (which we did not!!) I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, it is in a good location but there are quite a few surrounding hotels that id look at first!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Tevg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you wish to simulate a prison stay this hotel is ideal. The "bathroom" is actually a converted cupboard with an awful shower, there are no double beds at all, the breakfast is meagre beyond belief and you need to rent the TV remote control. The staff were abrasive but I actually felt quite sorry for them having to work in such a dreadful place.
The location is very good.

• Stayed August 2014

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. They have no real beds. The cots have the shape of a spoon and you can feel each and every old spring on your ribs. The showers are the size of a telephone booth (I'm not joking) and there's a tiny string of water coming out so showering is quite a challenge. Toilets are so close to the wall you have to sit sideways!. The people at the desk barely speak English and are definitely more interested on their facebook account than on being any help whatsoever. They failed to mention there was an elevator so the elderly couple before us had to carry their luggage downstairs (the stairs are narrow and steep) and so did we of course. The continental breakfast is toast, jam and coffee, we didn't even try it, it smells so bad in the basement where it is served that we chose not to. Just avoid this place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floors are even worse, there is no ventilation or A/C
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Patricia A
Reviewed 21 June 2014

First off I have stayed in some dodgy hotels in London in the same area and I was fully prepared to face a tiny room with an even smaller cubicle of a bathroom. So I was pleasantly surprised when the room I got was bigger than expected. To be fair, I was lucky and got upgraded from a single to a double. Also the room looked to have undergone a recent renovation so no complaints there.

Breakfast was basic; just cereal, toast, orange juice and coffee and tea.

The main reason why I chose this hotel was for the location and it's located in a quiet street in the Bayswater area; of which almost all the properties in that area have been converted into similar type hotels. It's a 5-10 minute walk to the Bayswater station.

I interacted with two receptionists while I was there; both of which were rather lacking in service. All the response I got to a query if the lift was broken was a very dull, uninterested "No, it's not" without even bothering to get up from her comfy seat at the desk to come and check.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 1st floor if you have a lot of luggage as there is only one small, bit wonk...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
OSWALWISTLE
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Wedgewood hotel is neat and clean but rooms are small. Ok for a weekend getaway but no more. Breakfast is just cereal and toast. Again ok for a couple of days. Its in a quiet area 5 min from Bayswater station or 8-10 from Queensway. Nice and clean but basic for short stay but at 80 odd pound a night should have a larger continental breakfast selection.

Room Tip: Family room might be bigger
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank auss01
New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First of all this hotel is located in Bayswater next to Kensington Gardens and in walking distance to most of the sights like Hyde Park or Speakers Corner. But the hotel itself is a middle-class London hotel. Bathroom is extremely small, it is kind of dirty and the breakfast is very poor. After I stayed there for one week I had fleabites all over my body. It probably does not always happen in this hotel but I was a bit shocked when I happened to me.

All in all, the location is great but the rates are too high for this poor London hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel isn't clean and the beds are awful. You can feel the springs!!! The staff look rough and can be quite rude.
I've asked if she knew how to go to clapham junction from the hotel and she said "I'm not sure" without even checking on the map I had in front of her.
I'm not fussy with hotels at all but I do not recommend this one.

• Stayed May 2014