“Adults Treasure Hunt” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Merry Pedaller Bike Tours

Merry Pedaller Bike Tours
Ranked #18 of 183 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Our unique bike tours can enjoy 2 of the largest Royal Parks of London still full of deer, cycle River Thames routes to Hampton Court Palace or Windsor Castle or maybe sample traditional beer. Our tours link together or can be bespoke to suit your requirements, alternate dates can be requested for 4+ people, group discounts available we have 20 bikes and various childrens bikes too but more can be provided if needed! On all our full day rides we provide an afternoon tea picnic in beautiful locations, homemade cakes and pots of tea to finish the day. One way cycle routes which start and finishe at train stations zone 3-5 in South West London and full advice on routes given. Get out of the busy city of London for 1 day and enjoy beautiful scenery and a relaxing day out. You can stay at your destination to explore in your own time, we can arrange luggage transfer on request and advice for great hotels. Twickenham is the home of England rugby you can visit the stadium or watch a match at Twickenham Stadium or local rugby matches. Enjoy Polo or cricket matches during the summer or horse racing all year round to make your visit a very British one! Summer Tours Tuesday- Ale Tasting Wednesday-Royal Deer Park Thursday-Hampton Court Palace Any day on request +4 people Windsor Castle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adults Treasure Hunt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was great fun and something a little bit unusual - not to mention occasionally challenging! Ginette is a wonderfully likeable and enthusiastic guide and the hunt covered a lot of the local landmarks, so it offered a perfect introduction to all the Twickenham highlights which visitors can then go back and explore at their leisure. The picnic provided was charming and everyone enjoyed themselves (it got quite competitive at times) and to round it off nicely the winning team received a jug of Pimms at the pub!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Angie H
Ginette A, Owner at Merry Pedaller Bike Tours, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hi Angie,

Thanks so much I'm so glad you enjoyed our treasure hunt, I can't remember did you get the winners Pimms or the losers squash?

Regards,

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceeded every expectation!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a must-do activity, whether you're new to London, or a life-long resident like me. We took part in the Richmond to Hampton Court ride along the Thames this weekend and we can't speak highly enough about our time with Ginette, our guide. The tour exceeded every expectation we could possibly have, and Ginette was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about every part of the ride. I've lived in London my whole life and yet at every turn of the ride, Ginette was pointing out things completely new to me, and her deep-seated knowledge of the history of the area, and London in general, really helped bring the buildings and spaces to life.

Ginette is a wonderful, engaging and friendly guide who puts you at ease from the second you meet her. I can definitely recommend Merry Peddler to anyone wanting a fun, relaxing, enlightening and tasty - afternoon tea :) - day out on the outskirts of London.

2 Thank Paul O
Ginette A, Owner at Merry Pedaller Bike Tours, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Ahh Paul, that's so nice, yes London has so many different parts to it unless you know people there then you would never ever know! I thoroughly enjoyed this day with you guys, and hope we'll see you again soon and bring those lovely girls of yours along too and we'll show them how nice cycling can be!!

cheers
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Rediscovering London with a bike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The truth is I was really amazed how much I enjoyed the tour. The tour guide was fabulous in selecting a good cycling route and explaining the monuments and landmarks, but what amazed me is the tour experience in general was totally new.

I have been on so many tours, but this is a different kind tour. Riding a bike makes you cover more distance enjoying the beautiful scenery and amazing weather. I had a very good time! Definitely, I am comming back for another tour.

Visited May 2014
Thanks so much Waleed, I'm so glad you enjoyed your day and being back on a bike again. Yes it's a lovely way to see more of the area and it is beautiful around this part of SW London. Be good to see you again one day and maybe you'll even have your own bike by then??

Cheers
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ale Tasting Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a couple of days in London and decided to give this a go. I was initially scared I wasn't fit enough for the ride. Turned out to be a leisurely pace so if you have the same worries as I did, do not worry.
Turned out to be a great decision. I would have otherwise spent the day probably lost in the city center sucked into the typical touristy traps.

Ginette gave me easy to follow directions to the meeting point from my hotel.

She was very knowledgable of the area, history and most importantly the beer. The bike I was on eventually had a flat tire and Ginette had all the supplies and tools to fix the problem.

The ride was very enjoyable. Got to see some historic sites, wildlife, pubs and the Fullers Brewery. One of the stops was a pub where I had a traditional English pie and chips.
We also stopped for afternoon tea and Ginette had a wonderful picnic set up for us. I found that tea with milk to be very refreshing and the cakes she brought were awesome.
The tour ended at the Bulls Head and as we sat to have our last beer the tide of the rives Thames was coming in and came right up to the beer garden. Quite a sight. Afterwards Ginette pointed out the train station and gave me directions back to my hotel.

I would suggest Merry Pedaller Bike Tours to anyone visiting London. I had an amazing time and it's a great way to escape the standard big city trip.

Hi Marcell,

So glad you got in contact as TBL deleted your email address, really glad you enjoyed your day, I did too. I know how rubbish London can be if you are on your own all the time. Thanks for choosing this tour and hope to see you back in the UK some other day, hope Germany went well.

Best Wishes
Kildare, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"Best way to spend the day get a blast of fresh air only 40mins from the city!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Really enjoyed the cycle from Richmond, to Hampton Court and onto Teddington.
The group was perfect and around 6 of us and our superb guide Ginette set off at 11am after making sure we were all with safety and checking that we did actually know how to ride a bike!!!

We cycled down by the river from Richmond and onto Hampton Court. The guide stopped at various stops and explained many an old story from the history of these beautiful palaces and parks.

A swift pub stop and back on the bikes, a small hiccup of a puncture with no problem to Ginette to take over and sort it all out and we were back on our way.

Finished off in Bushy park for a cup of tea "real tea leaves" and my fave lemon drizzle and some rather good homemade brownies!

I highly recommend this if you want to get out of the city with a bunch of mates or if you are at a lose end and need to get out of the day. Ginette is very warm and friendly and looks after everyone very well. She is extremely knowledgeable about the history of each area but you can ask her anything about beer also and she will tell you everything!

When the bikes are gotten rid of at the end there is the obligatory pub stop before hopping on your train home.

Enjoy your day, I will be back again with a gang!

Hi Ash,

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, glad you had a good time and extended your day afterwards too it seems!

See you again soon I hope,

Cheers