Staybridge Suites London-Stratford City
US$156
US$144
US$204
1,438 results
All reviewsolympic parkwestfield shopping centrethe holiday innapple tvone bedroom suitehome from homelaundry roomsmall kitchencomplimentary breakfastkitchen areafull kitchenlong staycentral lineyour doorstepjubilee linetransport linkscanary wharf
Reviewed 4 January 2013

after a terrible start next door at the holiday inn,i was saved by Nicholas from the staybridge suites. What a true gentleman and very very good customer service skills. Both he and the other young lad sorry i cant remember his name but i know he was from york :). i was put in suite 1204 and had a beautiful view over the olympic park and london in the distance. A very very comfortable bed and a lovely kitchen,lounge area. If you are in the area this is definately the place to stay. Thanks again guys for making my new years eve something special!!

Room Tip: floor 12 is a must!! oh and go for your breakfast early as it does get quite busy,but kust get your tray and go back to your room
2  Thank menmeluv
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel rooms are superb with everything you might need. Had a bedroom and lounge with kitchen. The kitchen is fully equipped with microwave, fridge and even a dishwasher.

The room was a little smaller than some suites I've been in but the space is well used. I use a wheelchair and managed no problem. In fact it was better than a lot of hotels specially adapted rooms which is a bit ironic. Would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Mac147
Reviewed 1 January 2013

A great hotel that definitely feels more like home than hotel. However, with some slight disappointments.

Airport transfer:
Stansted: Take Terravision at the airport, (booth 12), do book prior to departure to avoid getting caught in the long queues at the station. Book a later timing online, but no worries, you will be able to take the earlier ones if you arrive earlier. Cost of booking online is $6 pounds.

Heathrow: It is really difficult getting from the hotel to Heathrow airport. Booked with National express but was greatly disappointed. Ultimately took a London cab to the airport, that cost us a total of $100 pounds.

Rooms:
Beautiful room with a full set of kitchen facilities including microwave, dishwasher and everything. Great Apple TV, and also wifi connection.

Location:
Staying at Stratford means that you will be able to get to pretty much everywhere just by taking the underground which is right next to the apartment. However, as it is based right next to the shopping mall, the nearest road is at the bus stop which is at least a 10 min walk to the hotel. May be a little of a challenge with luggages.

Of course, the mall right next to the hotel is one of the biggest in London with Primark, Marks and Spencer and pretty much everything else. Shops open daily at 9am to 6pm from Mon - Sat. This means you can pretty much shop every day when you wake up!

Disappointments:
However, maybe it was the holiday seasons that the fact that they are shorthanded. The breakfast was a little sloppy with poor selection.

Also, the dishes were not properly cleaned and lastly, the housekeeping that was arranged did not happen as well.

All in all, a good stay with a great location.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

This hotel was near perfect. Very nice staff, clean rooms, very little noise. Close to the shopping centre and perfect for shopping. You also have a great variety of restaurants on your doorstep. The only letdown was the breakfast for me. I have celiac disease and I'm used to having to ask for gluten free bread. Most hotels cater for this, I have to wait a bit longer, but that's ok. However, be aware that Staybrigde suites does not offer gluten free breakfast. The solution for me was that I had to buy my own bread and toast it in the rooms. So, if anyone working at the hotel reads this: Buy a gluten free frozen toast bread. When someone asks for gluten free bread, take a few slices, put them on a clean bakingtray and warm them for a few minutes in the oven. And voila, you can now offer your guests a gluten free alternative!

2  Thank EGHT
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My stay was over the Christmas/boxing day period with my boys. Check in was warm and welcoming, I loved Chloe?? (the dark haired girl with the Northern accent) And Rafael was equally attentive and warm and tried very hard to accommodate me and my requests. Rooms were very nice and not as small as I thought it would be (i had a 1bed suite) with everything you could need

Breakfast was good with lots of choice, and loved the concept of helping your self to cartons of juice as if you have a large party you could simply take a carton to your table for all to share, only downside was it ends at 9.30, I think 10am would be a better option, but you can take the food up to your room should you wish.

My major gripe with hotels is noise, I can say that I did not hear a peep not even from other guests during my stay, however I was placed on the Olympic side.

So why the 4 and not 5 stars? My stay was not without its glitches, albeit minor however I addressed this upon checkout and they seemed to genuinely take my concerns/constructive criticism on board.

I would recommend this hotel to all visiting London if you don't mind being a little out of the center and not looking for the 5* experience. You get such a good deal for what you pay and it really does feel homely

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family