“Home away from home”

Staybridge Suites London-Stratford City
Ranked #39 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Since I work abroad and do not have a home in London,
I prefer to stay in Staybridge suites Westfield because it offers value for money, good location and great service. If you are familiar with London it is a great choice rather than staying in central London since it takes under 30 minutes by tube to reach the west end. Nothing to complain about. Would recommend to anyone especially those staying a week or more.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank alisasha
Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here during London 2012 for a whole month and I'm so glad I was able to. Perfect placement for the Olympic Park and Stratford.
The staff were always very attentive and pleasant, while the facilities were excellent.
Rooms are spacious and brilliantly equipped. The bathroom was superb.
It's a little out of town, but with the trains into the city so regular (and the high speed link available if you need it) it's a very comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the view of London!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DavidEasson
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Although this hotel is not in centre, it is directly at the underground station, so you can get almost anywhere with local transport. You have small kitchen in the room including toaster, microwave and dishwasher. You have limited choice at breakfast, but it was very delicious. Staff is very friendly too and there is also big shopping mall right under the hotel. Maybe just one tip - it would be usefull to me when I got there. If you get out of Underground station, use stairs in front to go up one floor, you will see Samsung shop there, then turn right and you will find hotel on the left side. There is also Holiday Inn in the same building.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Michal H
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Have use Staybridge in Newcastle but first time in London. Staff helped talk me down to the place (hint - look up) and room was excellent. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast room has great views. Will use it again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Viewlander
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great hotel, all very new.

Staff were welcoming but sadly I didn't feel particularly special as a platinum PC member. No upgrades apparently (I spotted others with that problem on here), and no other bonus. In many hotels you get a free drink or a movie. It may not be fair to blame the hotel for those things but tbh it does affect your stay.

Room was a good size, great view and clean. Shower was fantastic.

The lounge/snug is great and there is an incredible balcony on the 12th floor with views of the Olympic park. Beautiful on a good day.

30 min Tube ride from the city centre, but walk out of the door straight into the Westfield.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Olympic park.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elbows29
Wayne A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London-Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your review. As a Platinum IHG rewards member your review is particularly important as we know (and appreciate) how loyal you are to our brands.

The team and I are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Obviously we are very sorry that we were not able to accommodate an upgrade for you this time. Please be assured that whenever we do have the availability, we will upgrade our Platinum Members. However I will be very open and admit that this is relatively rare. We only have 40 rooms out of 162 that are premium. On top of that as an extended stay focused brand (where the majority of our guests stay 7 nights or more - some up to a year) you can hopefully understand that these 40 rooms are in very short supply.

I see that you mention that mention that in other brands you get a free drink or a movie. At Staybridge ALL our guests get free drinks and nibbles every Tuesday - Thursday. Regarding free movies, as a Platinum member I am certain you were given access to our Highspeed Internet service, which gives you access to our in room Apple TV system where you will be able to download any movie from ITUNES.

We value our Platinum members and I am happy to sit down with you during your next stay to discuss your benefits in more detail the next time you are in the hotel.

Once again we than you for your loyalty and the team look forward to welcoming you back 'home' in the near future.

Wayne Androliakos

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay at the hotel. I was hoping to get an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite with platinum status at IHG but they told me it was full. 10 seconds later on IHG.com, I see there are plenty of 1 bedroom suites available. I suspect the reason was I paid the lowest category which was a studio suite and they didn't want to double upgrade me to the 1 bedroom type.

However last time I stayed at the hotel, I booked the studio suite but I got the one bedroom suite at check in. If they wanted me to pay a small supplement, they should have mentioned it. I don't know why hotel staff think that a guest can't check online to see the availability of rooms?

Anyway, the deluxe studio suite which I ended up getting is spacious and well appointed. The bed is really big and the mattress is pretty good too. The bathroom isn't as nice as the 1 bedroom suite but it is fine.

The complimentary breakfast is still a little bland in taste but thank goodness they got rid of those red plastic trays.

I would stay again at the hotel. It is very comfortable and well positioned in the Stratford Westfield mall. For some reason, none of the rates include VAT when every other IHG hotel in the UK does?

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Travel_Critic999
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Nice rooms with all facilities required and more e.g. airplay; room service items at high standard; the reception team was outstanding and Helen was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Great local amenities and transport network.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Olympic Stadium!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business